• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Digital Channels Echo Problem with DP series radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

salarazad

Hi Everyone!

Kindly we are using a few MotoTRBO DP series and recently we have moved our system and channels from Analog to Digital, but now we are having echo problems (that we didn't have before with Analog) at some places in the field.

Is echoing a known issue with Digital channels? and I appreciate if there are parameters that could be responsible for this problem and we could solve it somehow.

Thank you
Salar

salarazad

Where are you hearing the echo? Do you have two or more radios nearby with one transmitting and the other receiving?
no there are not as far as I know, it is happening when two radios far from each other communicating, and we didn't have this issue with Analog, now with Digital the voice quality is much better but we are having this annoying issue; could Digital be more susceptible to issues like Echo?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
The signal processing time where the digital signal is converted to analog audio can take longer than a strictly analog only system. If a radio user is hearing their own voice on another radio receiving on the same channel, that delay in processing will result in the echo.

So, my question is, how do you know there is an echo? Do you have one radio there with you, none others, and the transmitter is far enough away that you cannot hear the users voice? Or are you close enough to hear the users voice, or hear your own voice on another receiver nearby?

salarazad

The signal processing time where the digital signal is converted to analog audio can take longer than a strictly analog only system. If a radio user is hearing their own voice on another radio receiving on the same channel, that delay in processing will result in the echo.

So, my question is, how do you know there is an echo? Do you have one radio there with you, none others, and the transmitter is far enough away that you cannot hear the users voice? Or are you close enough to hear the users voice, or hear your own voice on another receiver nearby?
The two radios are fairly far from each other and there is no way they could hear their own voice on the receiving radio; when the transmitter radio is PTTing, I can hear their voice multiple times, more than twice, which makes understanding what they are saying a little bit difficult.

And there are only one radio at the receiver side.

salarazad

OK, got it.

Is this simplex or through a repeater?
we are using a combination of both simplex and duplex (repeater) channels, and this issue seems to be happening on both of them.

Our repeater is operating now on Dynamic Mixed Mode (DMM) mode, because we didn't want to migrate directly to Digital only until we are sure there are no problems.

salarazad

If it's happening on both Simplex and repeater, then I'd suspect something wrong with the audio settings, or something with audio accessories.
I have attached a snapshot of the audio parameters in General Settings, these are the only two parameters that I found to be related to the audio settings, please is there anything wrong with them? Thanks!

Attachments

• Audio Config.png
    Audio Config.png
    103.7 KB · Views: 14

Floridarailfanning

Premium Subscriber
You might try disabling Intelligent Audio Response just to see if that helps at all. I've had audio issues with XPR7550 radios when using that feature and I found it was best just to disable it, though I don't recall ever having any problems with an "echo."

Status
Not open for further replies.