digital frequencies and dcs/pl codes for ems and fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jjherbert

hey everyone, i am a new poster in this site and forum but i work ems in raleigh and fayette counties. I am trying to get a hold of any digital frequencies for either counties along with the appropriate dcs/pl codes to put into my dm-1801 radio. I have all the analog channels programmed in and they all work until recently all of my fayette county channels i am not able to get out on, but i can listen. Any help in getting the information would be wonderful. thankyou all.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Raleigh does not have any channels using DMR or conventional channels for the DM1801, they are using a Motorola Simulcast system for dispatch/PS Tac channels and P25 on Viper for patient reports to hospital traffic. Automated dispatches can be heard on VHF, but they do not talk to dispatch on these channels. I monitor both systems from Raleigh daily.

Jjherbert

They do have conventional channels because I do have those note from the Raleigh EOC but I can't get a hold of the fire ones to talk on scene with them

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Just because certain P25 talkgroups are rebroadcast on analog frequencies doesn't mean you can use the analog freq to talk to the P25 system.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
They do have conventional channels because I do have those note from the Raleigh EOC but I can't get a hold of the fire ones to talk on scene with them

I do not know what freqs you are referring to, but I've been listening to the Wake County/Raleigh system for over 7 years and can assure you there are no conventional channels in use by the RFD/WFD or RPD/WSO. The only non-trunked system freqs in use are P25 simplex or receive only FD/EMS automated/dispatches. Feel free to DM/email me the freqs you have and I'll look at them for you. Again, I refer you to the RR database, there is nothing listed, other than what I mentioned, because there are none in use. The one exception is at the Coastal Creek Amphitheater in southeast Raleigh and that is only used for shows there by off duty RPD/EMS supporting the event using Bearcom rental radios so the freqs change from season to season.

If you are working for the Raleigh/Wake EMS you can always stop by the radio shop and talk to the techs there, they've helped other employees.

Last edited:

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
I believe the OP is Talking about Counties in West Virginia. It looks like Raleigh County uses SIRN for Radio traffic and as far as
Fayette County it looks like they are all analog unless they made the switch to SIRN

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
hey everyone, i am a new poster in this site and forum but i work ems in raleigh and fayette counties.

I believe the OP is Talking about Counties in West Virginia. It looks like Raleigh County uses SIRN for Radio traffic and as far as
Fayette County it looks like they are all analog unless they made the switch to SIRN

That's possible and if so I apologize, I failed to look at the forum (W VA) it was in and saw Raleigh and Fayette (which I read as Fayetteville) both in North Carolina. Sorry for the confusion @Jjherbert. Thanks for correcting me @n8jsw .

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
Your radio is a DMR digital radio, and will not do P25 digital. So if any agency is using the SIRN state system you cannot use that radio. At first look everything looks to be analog and all the frequencies and tones are in the database:

However after looking at the SIRN database page, both counties have talkgroups on the SIRN system, Raleigh more than Fayette but both nonetheless. You cannot use a personally owned radio on that system and will need to be issued one via the authorized entities.

Do you have experience programming radios in a public safety setting? Do you, personally, (not just your dept) have permission from the FCC licensees to operate on their frequencies? Do you know if they require a unique identifier number to be transmitted with each transmission? Do you know the difference between simplex and repeater operation? If you can't answer yes to all of those questions, you should consider going through your department leadership and have a qualified and authorized radio shop do the programming. You can cause issues for yourself and interfere with others because as the saying goes, "you don't know what you don't know".

Jjherbert

Which shop will help out the employees over here, I might have to do that in the morning.

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
JanCare units had their Kenwoods programmed to SIRN by an authorized programmer.

You can find the closest one to you by looking at this PDF: https://sirn.wv.gov/training/Programming/Documents/approvedsirnprogrammers.pdf

You'll need a radio capable of P25 trunking and the talkgroups you have authorization to use. Fayette County to my most recent knowledge has not moved over to SIRN, it does sound like based on other recent posts that PD may have moved over and are using it. But FD/EMS is still analog and I'm not sure for how much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.