Digital From Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaris07

Is it possible for me to pick up the new Meca from Indy. I have a 396T. I need to now which tower sites I need to load in order to hear their transmissions. I have all of Johnson county and I have a full five bars. I assume I will need to jump from one tower to the another receive the signals. I have no problem with State, Mut Aid, and so on. I hope this makes some sense for what im trying to do. Any help will be thankful..

delallen

Might be pretty tough to get Meca from Columbus.

I live at US 31 and Smith Valley and have a directional 800mhz antenna. I can get Meca analog but it was pretty scratchy. Over the weekend I moved my ant. more to the north and I get it pretty good now. 3-4 bars (more 3 than 4) The same is true with Meca digital.

Plug in the freqs and watch your meter!

jerk

Douglas1955 said:
Is it possible for me to pick up the new Meca from Indy. I have a 396T. I need to now which tower sites I need to load in order to hear their transmissions. I have all of Johnson county and I have a full five bars. I assume I will need to jump from one tower to the another receive the signals. I have no problem with State, Mut Aid, and so on. I hope this makes some sense for what im trying to do. Any help will be thankful..
I have never picked up the "new" digital MECA from Columbus, but I did get the analog system in spots in Columbus with the stock rubber duck. And it did not sound too bad. This was with my BCD396

So it may come down to location, don't really know for sure as the system was still being tested when I last tried to hear it.

Yaris07

Thanks for your input. I loaded the freq's today i have not heard any traffic, but im getting 2 to 3 bars. I guess once they go live in a few days i will know.. Again thankyou for your comments. If anything else comes up please let me know.

SCOTTER

Ohio traffic

I picked up Ohio sheriff and and state pd last week on my bcd396t its pre programed in the scanner but I erased by mistake and cant get it back unless I reset the scanner lose all my stuff by the way i live in South Bend IN. and use a super seeker 800 ant.

jerk

Douglas1955 said:
Thanks for your input. I loaded the freq's today i have not heard any traffic, but im getting 2 to 3 bars. I guess once they go live in a few days i will know.. Again thankyou for your comments. If anything else comes up please let me know.

I listen to an online MECA (Digital) scanner, and most of the time I listen it is quiet. If you got good signal bars, and it's programed as a P25 system,, I think the chances are good you will get some reception.

jerk

SCOTTER said:
I picked up Ohio sheriff and and state pd last week on my bcd396t its pre programed in the scanner but I erased by mistake and cant get it back unless I reset the scanner lose all my stuff by the way i live in South Bend IN. and use a super seeker 800 ant.
You can use UASD software (free) to restore just that system, when you download the software, the MARCS file is part of it.

Yaris07

Thank you all for your info. Again is there certain towers i need to put in for repeaters.

jerk

Douglas1955 said:
Thank you all for your info. Again is there certain towers i need to put in for repeaters.

I have an I-71 file I use when traveling over there if you would like a copy, it is UASD format.

jerk

Douglas1955 said:
That would be very kind of you.
Here you go, and I think I have the original file also. I'll attach both.

AL

Attachments

• 48 MARCS I-71.usd
    10.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Ohio MARCS.usd
    10.4 KB · Views: 128

Viper43

Nope, won't happen, the new system barely gets outside Marion County in places, and the new one doesn't get as far South as the old system (or North either).

V

Douglas1955 said:

WA9JGB

Premium Subscriber
Viper43 said:
Nope, won't happen, the new system barely gets outside Marion County in places, and the new one doesn't get as far South as the old system (or North either).

V

No problems in Franklin for me with a handheld. Outside mobile antenna in Columbus PROBABLY. Trial and Error.

Status
Not open for further replies.