Digital in North Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamapik

Premium Subscriber
Are medical and highway patrol services (Keller and Lauderdale Ems and AirEvac digital)?

AE106

Air Evac is not. That AE base should have its own frequency and also uses the Huntsville Twr frequency. Not sure about those EMS agencies though.

e7454

Premium Subscriber
Let me see if I can get this right. HKH, Shoals Hos. and ECM Hos. were all on 155.340 with different Sq. tones. I have them all programed but L/O due to encryption. The Quad Cities Trooper post is on 154.8075 and can be received with any analog or digital scanner. I live in Colbert Co. so if I can help in any way just let me know.

chill30240

Premium Subscriber

RadioJonD

Exalted Nabob
At the hairdresser's, past the liquor store.
The only digital public safety agency I know of in all of NW Alabama is Franklin County Fire on 154.370 MHz. However, an initial incident page will still go out analog.

On analog scanners, simply program the input(s) to cut out all but close digital units:

East & West input 159.105 MHz (different listed NACs if applicable to your scanner)
Central 156.045 MHz

Helen Keller Ambulance uses full time voice inversion (simplest to decode) on 155.235 MHz. That's not really a hindrance since a fire agency is simultaneously paged to every emergency call.

Don't look for ALEA to go anywhere else anytime soon. I feel that all their licensed VHF frequencies (most not even used) will someday be assimilated into AFRN. That's not official and I have not heard anything to suggest that. The fact that merging seems logical may even mean that doing so will never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.