Digital newbie asks, Where are troops D, E, K?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian943

Just got a PSR-500, good to hear the CSP again but cannot hear troops D, E, K. (maybe more) The radio was set up using the database here. Perhaps a simple adjustment?

cg

Premium Subscriber
that all depends where you are. All the troops are not broadcast on all the sites. I don't know how GRE sets up the scanners, but you would likely need to have the equal of several banks for CSP.

chris

rneal55555

E is Montville
D is Colchester
K is Danielson

They're all here

http://www.ct.gov/dps/cwp/view.asp?a=2153&Q=294418&dpsNav=|

brian943

Thanks to all responses, went mobile and confirmed all is well. I'll be "engineering" another antenna soon. My location is somewhat deaf out to the east.

Portable14

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
rneal55555 said:
E is Montville
D is Colchester
K is Danielson

They're all here

http://www.ct.gov/dps/cwp/view.asp?a=2153&Q=294418&dpsNav=|

D is Danielson.
K is Colchester.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Brian,

CSP's system is a Smart Zone system that is in the process of being upgraded. If you look on the database on this sight you should be able to set up each zone, depending where you live and should be able to pick up those troops you are asking about. However it sometimes doesn't work depending on the towers.

I used to work at Troop I in Bethany as a dispatcher and with my 396 I was able to pick up most of the western and central troops.

brian943

Long Island dept on the troop E frequency?

I'm hearing a Long Island dept on the troop E frequency, references to local towns over there. It would appear I'm not getting anything from the CSP in the eastern district. Is there some rebanding that has taken place since the info that was published here?

oilmillcharlie

Premium Subscriber
brian943 said:
I'm hearing a Long Island dept on the troop E frequency, references to local towns over there. It would appear I'm not getting anything from the CSP in the eastern district. Is there some rebanding that has taken place since the info that was published here?

Troop E control channel is 868.3375
Troop C+K control channel is 868.9125
Troop D control channel is 867.2000
Troop F control channel is 868.5625
Troop H control channel is 868.2625

Program these into your scanner and you should get get most everything in the Eastern and part of the Central districts. Do you need the talkgroups also??
Make sure you set the trunking type to Mot 800/900 not P25.

B.K.

brian943

Do I need only the primary control channels? Grabbed all the TG's Is that why I'm getting the Long Island depts on CSP control channel frequencies? The radio was set up using ARC 500. I'm not so much concerned about eastern troops from here as a big hill is off to my east, confirmed as one factor on the road trip.

cg

Premium Subscriber
as long as there is not a problem with that channel, yes. If there is, such as a lightning strike, electrical failure, etc you will not hear any traffic. I have seen it happen often on some Prime Sites and never on others.
Unless you are so tight on space in the radio, entering one more freq in each Site will not hurt.

chris

brian943

I did notice that when I imported the data from RR there were duplications and ommisions, such that my list exceeded the 32 allowed. After manually checking and fixing the list, it totals 28 control channel frequencies. I'm assuming all rebanding has taken place and the data is otherwise correct. This is set up as one system, although I get the impression that some folks program each site as a separate system with only the relevant CC's in each. Still curious why the radio is receiving those non-digital comms and identifying them as from troops E, I, G with the other screen data that shows CC, TGRP, etc of the CSP.

cg

Premium Subscriber
there are several reasons to use multiple banks for multiple Prime Sites.
One it that the scanner will stop ONLY at the first active CC it finds.
Another is that frequencies that are far enough from Suffolk Cty up in Litchfield Cty where the CSP uses them, may not be far enough away in New London Cty. A Motorola radio uses a connect tone (think PL) to keep other systems out, the scanners have no such feature. A system set up for Motorola hears a Moto data channel, it will decode it. Suffolk may use the same ID numbers as CSP so the audio passes.

Last, the new frequency change part of rebanding has not started for CSP as of yet. (the 866-868.9875 freqs will just lose 15 MHz)

chris

jlanoue

Also Troops A and L ..

These two, Southbury and Litchfield disappeared on me toward the end of last week never to be heard from since. Are they still ok for other users? It may have been coincident with the addition of more CC's and Troops (e.g. G, H, and F). Previous to my changes I had only programmed the Site 002 Primary and Secondary CC's. I added Site 001, 003, 008, 012, 013, 102, 103, 104, and 199 Primary and Secondary CC's..

Thanks for any thoughts ..

PS - problem solved, sort of. After returning to 867.7 and 868.3125 Troops AFGIL are back. All that's missing from the 4b16 zone is B. Seems I'll just need to set up a separate System for the C727 sites.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.