digital noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

voxiso

I am monitoring 460Mhz P25 conv my uniden has a loud digital noise at at the start of 80% of transmissions while my pro-106 does not, both have the same custom made 460Mhz antenna from smiley antennas connected.. Is there anyways I can fix this? Both scanners have the same P25 settings.. Also in the same spot with same antenna my 396 gets 3 bars while the 106 is full..

Last edited:

voxiso

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I am monitoring 460Mhz P25 conv my uniden has a loud digital noise at at the start of 80% of transmissions while my pro-106 does not, both have the same custom made 460Mhz antenna from smiley antennas connected.. Is there anyways I can fix this? Both scanners have the same P25 settings.. Also in the same spot with same antenna my 396 gets 3 bars while the 106 is full..

Check what the "P25 Wait Time" is set to, 400 ms is default.

Or better yet, if the frequency in question is only digital set the "Audio Type" to "Digital Only". That will stop it from having to decide if the frequency is analog or digital (which is probably what is causing the noise).

voxiso

Or better yet, if the frequency in question is only digital set the "Audio Type" to "Digital Only". That will stop it from having to decide if the frequency is analog or digital (which is probably what is causing the noise).

Thanks.. Something I have not done.. I will try this.. But yes it is at 400ms

voxiso

Yep that fixed it, it also fixed the problem with the freq hanging 30 seconds before scanning.. Thanks a lot! I would send you a cookie if I could lol..This bugged me for weeks.. I can now put my feed back online..

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Yep that fixed it, it also fixed the problem with the freq hanging 30 seconds before scanning.. Thanks a lot! I would send you a cookie if I could lol..This bugged me for weeks

Awesome! Glad I could help.

I had a brownie for lunch, so I'll say it was from you. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.