Digital PD/Lewiston

Status
Not open for further replies.

razgriz

New member here, and I finally bought a PRO-96 APCO capable scanner. I have had it a month, and have found that the LPD frequencies shift from 3600 baud and 9600 baud whenever the unit doesn't decode properly and I get digital nosie. Anybody else have problems like this on the Lewiston/Auburn frequencies? I have upgraded to DSP 1.4.

hankv

razgriz said:
New member here, and I finally bought a PRO-96 APCO capable scanner. I have had it a month, and have found that the LPD frequencies shift from 3600 baud and 9600 baud whenever the unit doesn't decode properly and I get digital nosie. Anybody else have problems like this on the Lewiston/Auburn frequencies? I have upgraded to DSP 1.4.
I don't have a Pro-96, and I don't know if this applies to them, but on the Uniden Scanners you can't have any form of tone detection enabled on the channel if you want it to decode P-25 digital.

lost_in_maine

razgriz said:

I was in Auburn today and been getting the same problem with the digital noise...I do not have a tone set ...also using the 96...I am using DSP 1.4...haven't tried any older versions...

But also see the same problem when I,m further South with Strafford county (NH) on 154.725

Doug

W4KSR

lost_in_maine said:
I was in Auburn today and been getting the same problem with the digital noise...I do not have a tone set ...also using the 96...I am using DSP 1.4...haven't tried any older versions...

But also see the same problem when I,m further South with Strafford county (NH) on 154.725

Doug

It's the 1.4 DSP. I get more of an initial digital burst, than on DSP 1.3. I notice that when it locks on a channel, it takes about 1/3 second to switch from FM to Digital, on 1.4, (hence the digital burst) but instantanious digital lock on 1.3. Also, I get more digital noise when NHSP is sending data only.

lost_in_maine

W4KSR said:
It's the 1.4 DSP. I get more of an initial digital burst, than on DSP 1.3. I notice that when it locks on a channel, it takes about 1/3 second to switch from FM to Digital, on 1.4, (hence the digital burst) but instantanious digital lock on 1.3. Also, I get more digital noise when NHSP is sending data only.

I am heading back up that way tonight, and changed back to 1.3...will see if it helps!

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.