Digital Scanner Noob!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfmil355

I recently bought a PRO-106 digital scanner and I am somewhat overwhelmed with all of the technical jargon in the manual. I am pretty familliar with the old type scanners and how they were programmed, i.e. frequency input, etc, But digital scanning is all new to me. Can someone please help me with gving me some tips on digital scanning? Any info is greatly appreaciated!
Thanks,

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber

DickH

I recently bought a PRO-106 digital scanner and I am somewhat overwhelmed with all of the technical jargon in the manual. I am pretty familliar with the old type scanners and how they were programmed, i.e. frequency input, etc, But digital scanning is all new to me. Can someone please help me with gving me some tips on digital scanning? Any info is greatly appreaciated!
Thanks,

Digital is just another type of modulation. Analog is what your old scanner could hear.. Scanners can receive one or both analog and digital. Your problem is the new type of memory allocation used in some newer scanners. It can be very confusing at first.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Thanks Mark! How do you like your PRO-106? I've only had mine for 3 days, so far ,so good.

I like it just fine! Seems to do everything I want it to do - but I'm still learning new features so it probably does even more than I need! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.