Digital scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanc

Looking to get a new handheld Digital scanner,I live in the Monteregie quebec,,what should i be looking for and will the new Digital also receive analog ? have a pro 95 now .Any info appreciated thanks PS i think theres also LTR trunking in my area,,,

SCPD

QRT
Looking to get a new handheld Digital scanner,I live in the Monteregie quebec,,what should i be looking for and will the new Digital also receive analog ? have a pro 95 now .Any info appreciated thanks PS i think theres also LTR trunking in my area,,,

All digital scanners receive analog AM & FM. GRE & Radio Shack Scanners often have sales. The Uniden Units are more expensive. All digital scanners support Standard LTR systems, but not passport LTR.
Use RR to research the systems in your area to see if the scanners will meet your needs.

N8IAA

Eastern Canada Forum would be a great place to ask this question. You might even find someone who lives nearby that can help you better than those of us that live in the US:) There is also a frequency area in the database for Canada.
HTH,
Larry

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Welcome to Radioreference alanc.

Both the Uniden and GRE digital scanners will work with the RENIR as long as the comms are not encrypted. On RSP Quebec the analog comms can be heard, but not the digital ProVoice, no scanner on the market can decode ProVoice.

Take a look at the WIKI for more information: Category:Digital Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki

The newest current models are the Uniden BCD396XT handheld and BCD996XT base/mobile, and GRE PSR500/PSR600.

Status
Not open for further replies.