digital script scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcsabin48

hi, I am new to this forum. I have a uniden BC296D and enjoy it very much, my home town police DEPT. went from digital to digital script they tell me that i can never recieve their signal anymore. Is their anyone out there that is at all familure with this digital script. Thanks much in advance! rcsabin48@yahoo.com

rcsabin48

I think your correct jimg . They probably did say "encrypt" and it sounded like "in script" . RCS

sjlamb

If they encrypted; you're SOL. No scanner can receive digitally encrypted comms. It would help, however, if you provided the State, County and City in question.

sjlamb

The state Connecticut , the town is monroe and the county is fairfield. RCS

Looking in both the RR Database and in the Connecticut forum, I can't see where anyone else has reported Monroe PD as having gone to encryption.

The most recent data shows them as using (2) Conventional P25 freqs:

453.61250 KCE790 RM CSQ Monroe PD 1 Police P25 Law Talk
453.28750 KCE790 RM CSQ Monroe PD2 Police P25 Law Talk

I'm assuming that these are the freqs that you have programmed into your radio. If you sit on PD 1 (453.6125), what do hear when they transmit? Do you see the letters "Enc" pop up on the display and hear a bunch of garbled nonsense?

Also, read this as it may affect you in the future: http://www.acorn-online.com/joomla1...ould-mean-savings-for-easton-other-towns.html

Last edited:

rcsabin48

Monroe Police

The monroe police changed there frequency on or around 2/15/2010 to cript. Before that for the past 5 years I had been listening to Digital Freq. 453.1625 & 453.2870 with no problem. When they changed cript all I got was garble.?

sjlamb

Status
Not open for further replies.