digital signal at 10.129 ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

immelmen

can someone please clue me in to the signal i am hearing on the 30m ham band at 10.129 Mhz.....it seems to transmit non-stop in a very wide RTTY sounding digital mode. it has been going since sunday afternoon and still strong at 2AM eastern time. I cannot seem to find any digital mode i have to decode it.

I hear this quite often right in the middle of the HAM band. any help would be great.

N8DV

We share that band with other services, so yes, that could be another service using that band along with hams.

gcgrotz

I'm hearing a beacon from VE3TO in cw on 10.132, not listed in QRZ.com.

According to the ARRL "considerate operator's guide", 10.130 to 10.140 is for RTTY/Data.

Last edited:

SlGlNT

I'm hearing a beacon from VE3TO in cw on 10.132, not listed in QRZ.com.

According to the ARRL "considerate operator's guide", 10.130 to 10.140 is for RTTY/Data.

The beacon is for propagation studies. VE3TO was the call of Robert Potter assigned in the early 1930s as an radio amateur experimental license. The beacon is dedicated to him and is located in Ottawa, ON. You can get more info on this at the link below. The call is on QRZ. ( http://www.qrz.com/detail/VE3TO )
http://ve3oat.ncf.ca/30mbeacon.html

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I dont know too much about it, but maybe it was a digital modem thingy or something, i've seen them in radio catalogs

immelmen

I dont know too much about it, but maybe it was a digital modem thingy or something, i've seen them in radio catalogs

that is exactly what it is....i just dont know the mode. it looks and sounds like RTTY or AMTOR except its 1000 hz wide as opposed to the standard 170-200 hz. just thought someone might know since its smack in the middle of the 30m ham band quite often.

nd5y

The actual center frequency is 10.130 MHz. It is standard 75 wpm 850 Hz shift RTTY.
It is encrypted so you can't decode it. The station is reportedly in Cutler, ME and belongs to the US Navy.

Last edited:

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
That would be NAA operating on 24KHz but they could have something else there. Google Earth plainly shows the layout.

Last edited:

immelmen

nd5y and kb2vxa,

Thank you both for the info, that is exactly what I was wanting to know. And thanks for the picture too!

Tom

gcgrotz

The beacon is for propagation studies. VE3TO was the call of Robert Potter assigned in the early 1930s as an radio amateur experimental license. The beacon is dedicated to him and is located in Ottawa, ON. You can get more info on this at the link below. The call is on QRZ. ( http://www.qrz.com/detail/VE3TO )
http://ve3oat.ncf.ca/30mbeacon.html

Wow, thanks! I still don't know why it didn't come up when I typed it in QRZ.com but I see it is there. The web page was interesting... 1 watt! I'm hearing it again now but very very weak. Actually S5 with a noise level of about S4.

hhall2260

Premium Subscriber
Unkown Digtial Signal 10.129 Mhz NW New Mexico

Non stop unknown digital signal very fast type of RTTY wiping me out her 80 miles west of Albuquerque, on New Mexico 10-03-10 0007 hours UTC, though this band was for ham radio only never heard it be a primary band for any other service do our friends from the FCC know or even care, causing harmful interference is a no no even for the government.

nd5y

Non stop unknown digital signal very fast type of RTTY wiping me out her 80 miles west of Albuquerque, on New Mexico 10-03-10 0007 hours UTC, though this band was for ham radio only never heard it be a primary band for any other service do our friends from the FCC know or even care, causing harmful interference is a no no even for the government.

What exactly are you upset about?
30 meters is not an amateur only band.
That RTTY station has been there more than 25 years that I know of.
It isn't going away and there is nothing you can do about it.
Read Part 97.
47CFR97.303 Frequency sharing requirments
(j) Amateur stations transmitting in the 30 m band must not cause harmful interference to, and must accept interference from, stations by other nations in the fixed service. The licensee of the amateur station must make all necessary adjustments, including termination of transmissions, if harmful interference is caused.

majoco

Stirrer
10.129Mhz 850Hz shift 75baud RTTY encoded less than S0 but clear here at 0800z.
10.132Mhz - zilch.
JRC NRD515 and WinRadio G303e on 60ft longwire, 9:1 un-un.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.