Digital signal decoding

Status
Not open for further replies.

W6SDF

AKA Scorch
Why hasn't anyone released an external box that would decode these signals and give new life to my RS 2006s (and TONS of other scanners), which, with an OPTO board, can TrunkTrack really well?

Even if it has to be inserted somewhere before the audio output, I'm sure there are plenty of capable hobbyists willing to make the mods (like the good old days!).

Maybe I answered my own question, to sell new scanners?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Perhaps - but the answer is no, there isn't anything that will decode P25 as an external app - at least not yet.

What do you mean 'new life'? There are many other apps that you can use older scanners - 2 that come to mind are milair (the 2006 covers this range) and ACARS. Discriminator tap plans abound - you could use that older scanner to drive UniTrunker. If you are a railroad fan, that tap can drive software for that, too. Since your topic was 'digital signal decoding' those qualify....

73 Mike

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Not being cost effective,kind of goes along with previous poster's replies right?
Nice idea though!
Happy New Year Btw!:lol:
n9zas

W6SDF

AKA Scorch
Perhaps - but the answer is no, there isn't anything that will decode P25 as an external app - at least not yet.

What do you mean 'new life'? There are many other apps that you can use older scanners - 2 that come to mind are milair (the 2006 covers this range) and ACARS. Discriminator tap plans abound - you could use that older scanner to drive UniTrunker. If you are a railroad fan, that tap can drive software for that, too. Since your topic was 'digital signal decoding' those qualify....

73 Mike

I was specifically referring to decoding the APCO 25 channels on the San Diego County system. I had a great setup with one 2006 tapped for discriminator output feeding Trunker & the output of trunker tuning another 2006 with an Opto board to follow the trunk broadcasts. It worked great, and still does for the San Diego City system, but won't decode most broadcasts on the County system. I live in the boonies and that's the system closest to me. And I REALLY like the way I have Trunker set up, I could see all the traffic real time, I can dynamically prioritize each talkgroup or tune to any one I want to manually on the fly. And the COLORS! What eye candy! Yes, I will continue to use them for City and other channels mentioned here, and I just got a BDC996XT (thank you Santa!) for the County system. So basically, I'm a happy camper, I was just wonderin'...

Status
Not open for further replies.