Digital Switch is TONIGHT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryfly

Premium Subscriber
So Analog will still be up til 2009. But there powering up the Brand New Digital tower tonight. All Digital just went off air! WOOHHOOO

Be interesting to see how much my signal will improve.

rc104a

digital what?
powering up a brand new digital tower tonite but all digital went off the air?

Spud

Digital tower

He is talking about digital television, that 20th century medium that some people still watch.
The new tower that will be used to improve the coverage area for digital TV is on Lookout Mountain, west of Golden. I has nothing to do with the DTRS system.

Best regards,

The Spud

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
http://www.9news.com/life/programming/shows/mornings/article.aspx?storyid=91465

KUSA - Over-the-air digital television in Denver is about to change but this is not the February 2009 change you're thinking of.

On Saturday night, as soon as Saturday Night Live ends, 9NEWS will turn off the lower power digital operation downtown and begin to turn on the new digital tower on top of Lookout Mountain. This will not affect the analog over-the-air signal.

The switch is expected to take several hours and will interrupt the digital over-the-air signal overnight. Note, if you subscribe to cable or satellite or you receive an analog over-the-air signal, you will not have any programming interruptions as the switch is made.

If you depend on the digital over-the-air signal the good news is that you will now have a much stronger digital signal through your antenna. There is one catch however; you will have to reposition your directional antenna to point toward Lookout Mountain if you have one

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
No thanks to those (I'm being nice) idiots at Jeffco and Golden that held this up for over 10 years. We are the LAST major metropolitan area to have FULL POWER digital over the air broadcast television.

No cable or satellite TV at home for me these days. Up until now I've only been able to receive 2, 6, 12, 14, 25 and 31 digital from Denver and 22 Ft Collins, 5 & 11 digital out of Cheyenne. So the last of the Denver majors is going to be nice to watch in Hi Def.

1080 with rabbit ears is a wonderful thing.

Phil.

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
CBS 4 LOOKS VERY GOOD 6-1 PBS GREAT A FEW OTHER NEW

Question what channels are going to be moved to the new tower?

for example I know2, 7,9,31 all have had Digital signals since I bought tv (Christamas)

will they all move to the new tower>?

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
4,7,9,20 will be on the new tower. Everyone else has their own towers.

RFsponge

Signal Strengths

Just had a brief conversation with those in the know and thought I'd share:

KCNC is transmitting at 98% of full power off the tower. That's nearly a megawatt of ERP from Lookout. (What the station is licenced for)

KUSA and KMGH apparently don't have the equipment installed yet to come anywhere close to that. Their current ERP from Lookout is between 15 and 20 kilowatts.

Everyone will be at full power in Janurary of 2009 but until then, KUSA's and KMGH's signals will be signifigantly weaker than KCNC's.

Rob

scanlist

Getting confused by all this yet?

As I understand it KMGH-DT (currently CH 17) will move to CH 7, KUSA-DT (Currently CH 16) will move to CH 9 and KBDI-DT (Currently CH 38) will move to CH 13 after the drop dead date for analog.

KRMA-DT CH 18 is running low power currently off of MT Morrison.

Phil.

ScannerSK

Channels 2, 4, 7, 9, 12, 20 & 31 all come in great south of Greeley. Anyone know if channel 6 will be increasing their power? The signal strength is rather weak up this way.

scanlist

As I understand it the same folks that held up the Lake Cedar group tower on Lookout for 10 years are pulling the same crap on channel 6 which I understand is trying to put up a new stick on Mt Morrison.

Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.