Digital Trunking Scanner / Dual Band Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

willstuder

Am I the only one who thinks that a dual band (VHF/UHV) handheld combined with a digital trunking scanner like the BCD436HP would be the best invention ever??? I would pay upwards of $800 to $1000 for something with these features and I know it's not out of reach.

I was recently looking at the Beartracker 885 CB/Scanner combo and was kind of impressed with the ingenuity involved. I wish Uniden would either pair up with a big HT manufacturer or start a line of their own so these features could be integrated. It would be very handy for those who got in to HAM for emergency communications etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhfcbGXHI1c&t=13s

Just curious if I am the only one who has considered this.

WCRjv27

I would love that. The review I read on the Beartracker 885 said the firmware was bare bones and really lacking scanner features. The siren app seems to work but also seems to have been abandoned. In Google Play, Uniden has all sorts of apps for their cameras and other products. I wonder if they have the commitment or even the ability to creat such a product. One of the download counters was in the thousands too...maybe Siren. I wonder if they sell enough of the high end scanners to make that sort of effort? Then I wonder if the Yaesus of the world are too far behind on scanning technology........then i wonder if encryption is on the horizon and the writing is in the wall....

Simple answer. I would buy it in a heartbeat. Now sure who could build it.

willstuder

That was my thought exactly. The guy reviewing it seem to think its amazing, and I agree the concept is. BUT how well is it really made, AND it's only a 1.5 watt transmitter and in my experience EVERYTHING is only about 2/3 the power it ever claims to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.