digital trunktracking question

Status
Not open for further replies.

2muchfreetime

About 10 years ago the Trenton police(New Jersey)switched to a digital trunking system.Can anyone tell me if there is a scanner on the market that will pick up TPD.I have a bearcat trunked tracking scanner but I cant get TPD.HELP PLEASE

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This question belongs in our NJ forum - however, if memory serves, Trenton Police use VSELP on their system, and that is unmonitorable by any scanner. 73 Mike

robbinsj2

ka3jjz said:
This question belongs in our NJ forum - however, if memory serves, Trenton Police use VSELP on their system, and that is unmonitorable by any scanner. 73 Mike
This is correct, the digital on the system is still VSELP and there is no scanner which will receive that kind of digital.

Jim

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
robbinsj2 said:
This is correct, the digital on the system is still VSELP and there is no scanner which will receive that kind of digital.
The only good news in relation to this is that AFAIK Motorola has stopped supporting the VSELP protocol, so eventually they are going to have to change.

robbinsj2

I've heard that, but I've also heard that Motorola is providing rebanding support for VSELP devices for the sake of Trenton and another city (Cleveland?), so the change may happen later rather than sooner.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
robbinsj2 said:
I've heard that, but I've also heard that Motorola is providing rebanding support for VSELP devices for the sake of Trenton and another city (Cleveland?), so the change may happen later rather than sooner.
<sigh>
Will a bad idea (VSELP) never go away?

jaymatt1978

Yeah Clevland OH has this system also!

robbinsj2 said:

Status
Not open for further replies.