Digital Voice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Correct. If they are using this form of encryption, you can buy this and hear them again.

mckeeb

Oops, I forgot the encoded thing was for County PD. I've not been listening a whole lot lately to notice that Bedford PD has changed. Of course, being encrypted on 800, I rarely heard them anyway. They had talked in the clear occasionally on conventional: 155.56500 . Is that the frequency your monitoring with this "digital vhf"? I have a BCD396XT with the conventional and safe-t stuff programmed, am listening now to see if I can hear Bedford PD at all. Should I try some kind of p25 thing on that frequency to hear it? I hope that Bedford PD isn't completely in the dark now...the encryption is bad enough! My BCD396XT isn't stopping on that conventional channel, but my other older analog scanner is, and i can hear the motorboating on it, very strange. I do remember hearing some chatter on a L MA channel TGID: 64816 . they are saying 47-##, so I think it may be bedford PD. This town is crazy...

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD396XT with the conventional and safe-t stuff programmed, am listening now to see if I can hear Bedford PD at all. Should I try some kind of p25 thing on that frequency to hear it?

No. The scanner will do it just fine. Either it's P25 and you'll hear it, or it's encrypted and you won't. Per his earlier conversation, he has confirmed it's encrypted.

mckeeb

No. The scanner will do it just fine. Either it's P25 and you'll hear it, or it's encrypted and you won't. Per his earlier conversation, he has confirmed it's encrypted.

How do they encrypt a conventional analog frequency? And why would they when they have 3 encrypted talkgroups on Safe-T? I know it's Bedford we are talking about, but sheesh. May be regretting this $500 scanner purchase sooner than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.