location.

My issue,,
i seem to be missing the beginning of
some calls,

should i be reducing-extending the
SubAudio Start Delay?

RS Dude told me to check FLEXSTEP
when i showed him the Win500 gen-settings
but i think he was talking out of his kiester..

Last edited:

InlandAZ

Sounds to me like you want to lower the Digital Detect Timeout value (Using Win 500) - it on the extended tab.

Try 50 for starters -

DonS

Lowering the value of "Digital Detect Timeout" ("DG Int Prime" in the scanner's menu) won't help for this P25-CAI system. Lowering that setting is only useful when the scanner is taking "too long" to unmute on analog voice.

If you look at the TSYS's control channels in "Analyze" mode, what is the decode percentage shown on the LCD? If using ROAM, and if that decode percentage drops too low (below the TSYS "Threshold Lo" setting), the scanner will search through all of the programmed frequencies looking for a new CC. You may want to decrease the "Threshold Lo" value from its default of 75.
If you're in a fixed location, then you probably don't want to use "Multi Site ROAM". Or, if

getting very good decode %'s..95-96-98-99%

i adjusted the Lo...ill run it for a while n see how she responds!
Love the radio,,and Love the App also,,RS should buy you out,,make you a wealty man n ship
this App as OEM with thier radio's!

thanks Mr.S!

InlandAZ

Lowering the value of "Digital Detect Timeout" ("DG Int Prime" in the scanner's menu) won't help for this P25-CAI system. Lowering that setting is only useful when the scanner is taking "too long" to unmute on analog voice.

Wasn't aware of that one Don - so you're saying that the setting has no affect on P25 Digital systems? That's the only way I've seen this setting referenced.

DonS

Wasn't aware of that one Don - so you're saying that the setting has no affect on P25 Digital systems? That's the only way I've seen this setting referenced.

The setting controls how long the scanner "looks for digital" before timing out and presuming analog. It affects Mot trunked systems and CONV objects that are not set to CTCSS, DCS, or NAC.

Lowering the value will make the scanner unmute on analog transmissions more quickly. Lowering it too much can cause motorboating on digital voice (P25 CAI) for the object types listed above.

Status
Not open for further replies.