Digitech AR-1780

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boombox

Probably the same guts as your average Tecsun? I.e. a SiLabs DSP chip with all the bandwidths, etc.

cherubim

Premium Subscriber
Probably the same guts as your average Tecsun? I.e. a SiLabs DSP chip with all the bandwidths, etc.

This radio definitely has an SiLabs DSP and for that reason it will probably suffer from SSB distortion like the PL-880 does.

I'm hoping to test one out soon to see if it's usable for SSB reception.

pjmm

Tune muting

Another interesting point is if this new radio does also have the infamous tune muting of all DSP radios.

radtek

WRONG - The Digitech AR-1780 does NOT use a SiLabs DSP chip. The Chinese most likely have copied the architecture of the Silicon Lab's DSP chips and have improved it.

The new Digitech AR-1780 uses the new Boardcomm BK1088 DSP chip that has full shortwave coverage up to 30 MHz and also has SSB that sounds very good. The Boardcomm Company is located in Shanghai, China ).

Here's the proof - Go to https://www.yidianzixun.com/article/0IAtG2HF/amp Then copy and paste the URL into Google translate so you can read the article in English.

Boombox

Another interesting point is if this new radio does also have the infamous tune muting of all DSP radios.

FWIW, not all DSP radios have muting. I have two SiLabs DSP equipped radios (a PR-D5 and Grundig G2) that do NOT mute.

Status
Not open for further replies.