Dignity Health Glendale Memorial & Health Center Help Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobFam

I am about a mile from Glendale Memorial Hospital in Glendale, CA.

I have been trying to listen to it but am having no success.

I have a BCD436HP with the working NXDN upgrade.

There are two FCC licenses for it (WQWN711, expiring 10/14/25, and WRMH670 expiring 4/10/31).

WQWN711 has only NBFM voice and no NXDN frequencies. 20 wt base and 2 wt portables

WRMH670 has paging, NBFM, NXDN data and voice. 45 wt base and 4 wt portables.

I have tried setting up all of the frequencies as NFM and audio search and NFM and digital search.

No matter how I have it programmed all I get is the audio as in the attached wav file.

Can anyone please help me? I'd sure appreciate any help. Thanks, Bob.

Attachments

• Audio.zip
    141.1 KB · Views: 12

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
That is not what NXDN generally sounds like.
Sounds more like a flavor of DMR or Smartzone..
Do you have the DMR upgrade installed as well?
Would help to know what frequency that audio was captured from in order to look for other licensed users on that frequency or close to it in the vicinity.

Last edited:

BobFam

Thanks for the reply and the wiki. No I don't have the DMR upgrade yet. You are sure right that it sounds like the DMR as in the wiki. I can't find any license for them that includes DMR. I have checked the DMR listings for Los Angeles and there are no DMR listings for them either. Bob.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Try searching the known RR DB for that specific frequency to see if it's already been ID'd and submitted. (Perhaps it's part of a trunked system)
(Not the same as the straight FCC search)
If the DMR upgrade were activated, you would likely see the necessary details such as the specific flavor DMR and Color Code in use, and if not encrypted the audio would be decoded. Plus a TGID and/or UID, Slot 1/Slot2.... (y) Something to think about.. ;)

Last edited:

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Businesses can be a little bit of a challenge. I have seen some outfits that are using modulation that they aren't licensed for. DMR Is a definite possibility. NXDN 9600 sounds similar to DMR, but your audio sample does sound to me like DMR.
There are even WiFi radio systems out there that some places have tried, which are unmonitorable.
If the hospital is using a contracted security company, they could be using their frequencies as well. All are possibilities.

Hard to say. If possible, it might be worth getting up close to the hospital and checking the strength of this suspected DMR signal. It sounds a little weak in the recording. If you get closer and the signal goes to full quieting, at least you'll know that it's coming from there.

BobFam

Businesses can be a little bit of a challenge. I have seen some outfits that are using modulation that they aren't licensed for. DMR Is a definite possibility. NXDN 9600 sounds similar to DMR, but your audio sample does sound to me like DMR.
There are even WiFi radio systems out there that some places have tried, which are unmonitorable.
If the hospital is using a contracted security company, they could be using their frequencies as well. All are possibilities.

Hard to say. If possible, it might be worth getting up close to the hospital and checking the strength of this suspected DMR signal. It sounds a little weak in the recording. If you get closer and the signal goes to full quieting, at least you'll know that it's coming from there.

Thanks.I have done exhaustive searches on the RR database with no success. There is not enough known DMR that I want to listen to in my area so I am not planning to do the DMR upgrade yet. Alll of my hits at home have a RSSI signal strength scale on Proscan of around 245. I'll try getting closer but with 25 and 40 wt power I should at least hear the FB from home. Regards, Bob.

BobFam

Thanks. I can't believe that Dignity Health which is a big corporation would use modulation that they are not licensed for. They do use a contracted security service (Prime Security) that I can't find any info about frequencies. Regards, Bob.

Randyk4661

Premium Subscriber
The WQWN711 license looks like it is pagers only.
The WRMH670 license is where you need to look first. Doesn't say they are using DMR so my first thought is to look for other users on the same frequencies. In the Los Angeles area, you could be hearing a school bus company and not the hospital. Since you have the Nxdn upgrade, program in the listed frequencies as conventional digital to the scanner (Not Trunked) to see if you hear anything. Also you can use a search, Control Channel only and see if that picks anything up. The DMR upgrade maybe helpful in the future when you are able to get it.
Just realized you are using a home patrol unit. I'm not familiar with how that is programmed. Maybe someone can help you out and be able to listen for you. Start looking for other users on the same frequencies through the database and on FCC to see who is competing with the hospital will be a good start.

Paco-Jerte

You Member, Member!
I am about a mile from Glendale Memorial Hospital in Glendale, CA.

I have been trying to listen to it but am having no success.

I have a BCD436HP with the working NXDN upgrade.

There are two FCC licenses for it (WQWN711, expiring 10/14/25, and WRMH670 expiring 4/10/31).

WQWN711 has only NBFM voice and no NXDN frequencies. 20 wt base and 2 wt portables

WRMH670 has paging, NBFM, NXDN data and voice. 45 wt base and 4 wt portables.

I have tried setting up all of the frequencies as NFM and audio search and NFM and digital search.

No matter how I have it programmed all I get is the audio as in the attached wav file.

Can anyone please help me? I'd sure appreciate any help. Thanks, Bob.

what exact frequency did you get that audio clip from? I can check to see if i can get it from my home in West Valley with outdoor antenna.
Could be the DMR CC frequency and using DSD+ fastlane I will be able to see more about it

BobFam

Thanks. I don't remember what exact frequency it was. I'll have to scan them all again and take note of which freq. it was. I appreciate the help. Bob.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Definitely DMR, I've heard enough of the data noise to know. Sample the OP provided isn't raw unfiltered audio but I was able to pipe it through my VB audio cable via VLC and to DSD+ Fastlane to at least confirm the emission
1622423214960.png

BobFam

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by " Sample the OP provided isn't raw unfiltered audio"? I don't understand. It was recorded by Proscan. Does Proscan have some audio filtering?

Is that DSD+Fastlane available and is it easy to use. I have the VLC Player. It looks like a great tool. I Goggled it and did not find any useful help. Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.