Software DIGTRX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadguy

Hey everybody. I live in southern New Mexico and I can often times hear the HM01 Cuban Numbers Station. So I downloaded Digtrx after watching numerous videos. It looks pretty cool. Here's the thing, for the life of me I can't get it t work...nor can I find ANY sort of tutorials on how to set it up. I was able to fix the glitch that would prevent it from even opening...but after that I'm lost.

I understand that this is "ancient" software. I am running a nothing special Windows 10 laptop. I've tried everything that I can think of to get the waterfall going...messed with so many settings that I'll probably have to just reinstall it and start over. I've also tried all of the sound input settings as well.

ANY help would be appreciated! I sure would dig getting this to work...thanks in advance!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Last I heard the last Windows version it would work on was Windows7; but there might be some folks on the UDXF reflector that can help with this. It certainly is ancient software - been around for along time....Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Here is where you can find the UDXF reflector....

Mike

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Just FYI, it's nothing very exciting. I can send you the output file I captured once. Also the glitch you mentioned was due to not having an active COM port. Once I did then it would no longer crash. Win7 and Win10 have different audio plumbing so it's probably not going to work without a Win7 install.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yeah ever since Win8.1, official support for output jacks was discontinued, and at the time, it caused a great deal of moaning. Some PCs still have the mic jack, but if you get an official Microsoft Windows update there's a good chance that if it was supported before the update, it might not after. Micro-stupid....Mike

Deadguy

Here is where you can find the UDXF reflector....

Mike
Thank you for introducing me to this group! I was granted membership and...lifechanging...

Again, thank you!

Deadguy

Just FYI, it's nothing very exciting. I can send you the output file I captured once. Also the glitch you mentioned was due to not having an active COM port. Once I did then it would no longer crash. Win7 and Win10 have different audio plumbing so it's probably not going to work without a Win7 install.

I appreciate the offer! TBH, I'm familiar with the output and I just want to do it myself. It's the same as like decoding XPA2with Rivet or STANAG 4481 with Sorcerer. It doesn't mean any darn thing to me...I just like to know that I CAN. I know that you and the other gals and fellas on this board dig that!

In all honesty, I'll be okay without it.

Deadguy

Yeah ever since Win8.1, official support for output jacks was discontinued, and at the time, it caused a great deal of moaning. Some PCs still have the mic jack, but if you get an official Microsoft Windows update there's a good chance that if it was supported before the update, it might not after. Micro-stupid....Mike

That seems hella plausible...looks like I'll just keep on trucking.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Thank you for introducing me to this group! I was granted membership and...lifechanging...

Again, thank you!

If you like the group then check out their website. There are so many links for nearly any utility related subject. A site well worth bookmarking.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.