DIN size HF or HF radio with Havis plate?

rjvalenta

Premium Subscriber
in my communications efforts with a local fire department (soon to be COM-L) i have a Tahoe with a Havis console. my next efforts will be to get my COM-T, then AUXCOM... and hopefully have everything i would need for these roles in the one vehicle.

with that, the ham in me would like a vehicle to pursue some POTA.

given that the console setup has a Getac V110 in place, i'm already running out of space, but what i would like to do is get an HF rig of some kind in place...

- the question: does anyone know of an HF rig that has a Havis faceplate? OR an HF rig that is of the DIN size standard which i could use a general DIN faceplate with?

i ended up mounting my Anytone 578 with the 1.5" side rails that have a 1.5" bend (its not a perfect fit, but it works). i'm hoping to do at least that well or better with an HF rig... anyone ever been able to accomplish this?

thanks,

Richard
N0TZC

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
FT-891 with the remote head kit? I have a few assorted issues with mine, but the size is right, and sitting still operating it wouldn't be as big of a deal. It's smaller than a KCH-20R head.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
- the question: does anyone know of an HF rig that has a Havis faceplate? OR an HF rig that is of the DIN size standard which i could use a general DIN faceplate with?

Ham HF or LMR HF?

We've got Codan Envoy 2's at work, and they have a hand held control head. They can also be remotely controlled over the network, so you could run a laptop or tablet as the head. They have the 'freetune' option, so I can run them on the ham bands.
Icom has the IC F8101 and it has a hand held control head option.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
An Icom IC-706 (and Mk II and Mk II G) or an IC-7000 or a Yaesu FT-857 or FT-891 would be good choices. Havis may have a faceplate that's close or they can make one for you.