diplexer

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
I am looking to combine two different antennas. The first antenna is a 800 mhz yagi that I am using LMR-400 coax and the second is a 450 mhz omni that I am using rg6 coax. I was wondering if the make any type of diplexer that would combine both antennas? I am using a homepatrol scanner……
Thanks in advance
Tom

prcguy

A Diamond MX37 diplexer is rated for 1.6 to 470MHz and 900 to 1300Mhz but I believe the 900 side goes down into the 800 range. I have one and will try to sweep it for an answer.
prcguy

I am looking to combine two different antennas. The first antenna is a 800 mhz yagi that I am using LMR-400 coax and the second is a 450 mhz omni that I am using rg6 coax. I was wondering if the make any type of diplexer that would combine both antennas? I am using a homepatrol scanner……
Thanks in advance
Tom

prcguy

Turns out I had a Comet CF-413B which covers 1.3 to 460Mhz on one side and 840 to 1400MHz on the other. That should work for passing 800MHz public service repeater and trunking outputs as you would monitor with a scanner but someone please comment if it's not the case.
prcguy

A Diamond MX37 diplexer is rated for 1.6 to 470MHz and 900 to 1300Mhz but I believe the 900 side goes down into the 800 range. I have one and will try to sweep it for an answer.
prcguy

KZ9G

Premium Subscriber
If you are not using it for any transmit a two way splitter used as a combiner will work good for your setup. Basically put the antennas on the output ports and the scanner on the input port.

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks in advance
Tom
You could also look into a custom diplexer from TinLee Electronics. Very good company and easy to work with.
Tin Lee Electronics :: Diplex Filters

I use their Model LH7X 550/650
LH7 series with bandwidth of 0-1000 MHz(be sure to specify 1000 MHz bandwidth as there are other choices)
X is for the outdoor model
Lo bandpass port is 0 to 550 MHZ
Hi bandpass port is 650 to 1000 MHZ
I specified F connectors, but you also can get BNC.

The 550 and 650 are the low pass and Hi pass cutoff frequencies (-3db) that you can custom specify. These two frequencies have to be at least 100 MHz apart I believe. Essentially you get nothing between the two cutoff frequencies, 550 & 650 in this case, so you have to be sure you don't want to hear anything in that range. I specified my cutoff frequencies to be sure I could get everything below 470 MHz with less than 0.5 dB loss and everything above 750 MHz with less than .8 dB loss. . There is some loss through the diplexer.

Dave

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
I think switching back and forth antennas depending what I want to monitor is my best bet.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.