BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Direct acess to systems/departments using number tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampatracker

Hello, and let me first say if this question has been asked or is glaringly obvious in the manual or on Marks scanner site I couldn't find it. I see how to go directly to a channel with a stored number tag, but is there a way to go directly to a system or department with a assigned number tag other than having to scroll through them all?

mitbr

Hello, and let me first say if this question has been asked or is glaringly obvious in the manual or on Marks scanner site I couldn't find it. I see how to go directly to a channel with a stored number tag, but is there a way to go directly to a system or department with a assigned number tag other than having to scroll through them all?

I set up my favorites list as each system... for e.g. Hillsborough county system is favorite 1 then select the system by toggling the favorite on or off

If you wanted to listen to tampapd I would set a quick key on dept. then toggle it the same way.

You can set up number keys but it gets complicated and I find it easier to toggle the systems and dept. using quick keys the set up channel numbers for tacs and other priority stuff
Tim

tampatracker

I have been experimenting with different configurations such as the one you do, all separated by start up keys. Thanks for the reply, is guess that's the easiest way to do it.

mitbr

I have been experimenting with different configurations such as the one you do, all separated by start up keys. Thanks for the reply, is guess that's the easiest way to do it.

Yea I tried setting up number keys for everything but it was hard to remember unless I had it written down
Tim.

trunker

It's easier for me to remember the number tag for the FL/system if I set it the same as the quick key.

If you don't duplicate tags for systems, you can go to one by pressing Channel>FL#.S#.>Channel.
That will take you to the 1st channel in the 1st department of the system.

Because department don't have number tags, you can't go directly to them-that way. To get to a department, you would have to not duplicate channel number tags and remember the number tag for the first channel in that department (if you can do that).

Minus1

A little late to this dicussion, but I've found the number•number•number format very confusing and frustrating.
In some case #•#•# means Favorite • System • Department (e.g for toggling on/off)
In other cases #•#•# means Favorite • System• Channel (e.g. for selecting a channel, and in this case Dept is irrelevant)
You can use [ Favorite • System • CHANNEL ] to go straight to the first channel in a System whether it has a Number Tag or not.
But there appears to be no way to jump to the first channel in a Department.
One solution might be to manually assign Number Tag 0 to the first channel in a department.
But Uniden really ought to facilitate [ Fav • System • Dept • CHANNEL ] in the firmware. At present this construct serves no useful function.

Voyager

The #.#.# will go to any specific channel (regardless of location) if you use number tags for the FL, System, and that Channel.
It will only go to the first channel if you have no Channel Number Tag assigned, and is the same as using just two (#.#)

The below is for QUICK KEYS:
In some case #•#•# means Favorite • System • Department (e.g for toggling on/off)

The below is for NUMBER TAGS:
In other cases #•#•# means Favorite • System• Channel (e.g. for selecting a channel, and in this case Dept is irrelevant)

Those are two completely unrelated features aside from I too would encourage you to use the same numbers for FL and Systems for both QKs and Number Tags.

Minus1

Thanks, the distinction between QuickKey numbers and Number Tags is not as obvious as it could be.

I agree that using the same numbers for both QuickKeys and Number Tags is sensible to avoid becoming completely bewildered by conflicting numbering systems. Does ANYONE do otherwise?

From that point of view, one has to wonder why there are two numbering patterns.

Voyager

Because Number Tags are not relevant to Departments and Quick Keys are not relevant to Channels.

Some people may want the FL and System numbers to be different. (although I have no idea why)

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
I'll add my two cents. I include the number I am assigning to a system in the description of that system. For example, "94 Irving P25", means I've numbered that system 94.

Also, keep in mind for multisite systems, that just because you go to a particular channel via the number tags, does not mean you will be listening on the correct site. That's why in some cases you are better off not building multisite systems. You might be better off duplicating multisite systems, and then locking out all but one site, and numbering each system uniquely. I hope that makes sense.

Voyager

I include the number I am assigning to a system in the description of that system. For example, "94 Irving P25", means I've numbered that system 94.

I do the exact same thing - for FLs, Systems, Departments, and Sites. The QK numbers are too small for my taste on the scanner for mobile use (think quick glance), so adding them to the tag really helps.

Since Departments and Sites share QKs, I use 00-90 for Departments and 91-99 for Sites. Works well until I run into a system with more than 9 sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.