Direct type a TGID on Homepatrol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sl215

Does anyone know if I can direct type a TGID into the HP-1 for monitoring? Occasionally on my 396XT I need to goto a specific TGID and monitor a channel temporarily. I know the HP-1 has an on screen keypad to enter frequencies but wasn't sure about TGIDs.

I'd appreciate any info on the matter.

Thanks

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
No it does not have that feature (and I wish it did). However you can use the wildcard to catch the ones not in the database.

You could make a favorites list with your greatest TGID hits, to speed up the process.

McP

Another thing to add to my wish list in a future firmware update. Although I don't use it that often, there are about five TG I know off hand and if I'm called saying "xxxxx has a incident going on" I know I can just key in the TGID on my 996/396XT and good to go.

In the meantime I do have a favorites list with those specific surrounding agencies.

sl215

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Thanks. I appreciate the info. I'll probably add the HP-1 to my collection and hope Uniden adds this feature in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.