Directed RF at our Office Causes Headaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

owb24

Hi Guys,

Could anybody explain where the RF energy in below graph might be originating from? It was measured with a Narda RadMan 2 XT which is a broad banded device. It seems to be a directed RF signal towards our office and it is likely the culprit causing employees of our company to have strong headaches, all at the exact same time. Anybody seen something like this before? Thanks for any input.

Wally

Attachments

• June-1-Increase-of-Energy.PNG
    June-1-Increase-of-Energy.PNG
    179.1 KB · Views: 118

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
If I'm reading the graph correctly, the "max" is only .25% of the standard. I would guess that's telling you it's way under the permissible exposure level.

I'd suggest you study the manual to be sure you are interpreting the data correctly.

prcguy

I agree, it doesn't look like a very high level and could be from nearby cell phone sites. Historically speaking, known recipients of intentional high levels of RF have been mostly US Embassy's where there has been a device smuggled into sensitive areas of the building that will vibrate with sound and high levels of microwave energy are pointed at the device to try and recover the modulated reflections off the device for listening purposes. That's not to say the US has not done this but we can get better results with much lower levels of RF transmitted to our devices due to our smarter engineers.

I would suggest using a spectrum analyzer and appropriate broad band antenna to see if its a specific frequency carrier responsible for the elevated numbers or just broad band stuff that comes alive when people are waking up in the morning then going quiet as people go to bed.

a417

If I'm reading the graph correctly, the "max" is only .25% of the standard. I would guess that's telling you it's way under the permissible exposure level.

I'd suggest you study the manual to be sure you are interpreting the data correctly.
that and confirmation bias leading you in any direction you see fit.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I agree.

0.25% is really good. Headaches are probably from hypochondria or power of suggestion. That's not enough RF to cause issues. I get around systems where my Narda meter pegs out around 200% and I don't have headaches.

All the meter is showing you is broadband noise. It's not frequency selective. The meter covers from 900KHz (AM broadcast band) up to 60GHz (microwave). That minimal amount of noise you are seeing could be from office computers, LED lights, printers, peoples personal cell phones, WiFi, Cellular, monitors, any number of things.

I'd absolutely be cool working in an environment that was only showing 0.25%

K4EET

Chaplain
Seriously though, have you checked things like air quality?
Hi @owb24, I heard about a situation where the carpet cleaning solvent used to clean carpets every other week was giving off a non-nose-detectable gas that caused employees to have headaches. When the solution was changed to another brand with a different composition, the employee headaches stopped. So yes, hire a good air quality firm to do a thorough analysis of what is in the air. That may not be the ultimate culprit but you need to cover all the bases. Then, if nothing is found to be a contributing factor, you have data in hand to say it just might be from the power of suggestion among the group of employees. You might be surprised at how powerful that can be...

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I agree.

0.25% is really good. Headaches are probably from hypochondria or power of suggestion. That's not enough RF to cause issues. I get around systems where my Narda meter pegs out around 200% and I don't have headaches.

All the meter is showing you is broadband noise. It's not frequency selective. The meter covers from 900KHz (AM broadcast band) up to 60GHz (microwave). That minimal amount of noise you are seeing could be from office computers, LED lights, printers, peoples personal cell phones, WiFi, Cellular, monitors, any number of things.

I'd absolutely be cool working in an environment that was only showing 0.25%

I have a YouTuber in my area who drives videoing himself with one of those 5G/RF meters off amazon pulling into apartment complexes, going off about feeling things as the meter gets pegged into the red just like Better Call Sauls electromagnetic sensative brother

owb24

I agree 0.25 percent is low. But then again I think potential theory of fields with singularities is at play here. As I wrote the signal directed, that is not isotropic.

Still it is not random enough a signal to suggest communication activities. It was a low level average for a day and then a jump to higher level average for another day. There is structure in there, that looks systematically like an attack.

Think of a laser beam in a dark room going on and off. On the laser line itself exposure will very high, away from the Laser very low, yet there will be a high DELTA change at the low measurements.

We measured other signals (pulsed), please see here: Tracking/Triangulating pulsed RF Signals - rtl-sdr.com

Also it is not just radiation. It is radiation combined with contamination of the employees with heavy metals. Heavy contamination, see lab results under the link.

@12dbsinad

We though about chemical causes,
the cause is not chemical though (air quality, carpet cleaners etc) since the effect is at a point in time, a step function) affecting people and electronic devices at the EXACT SAME POINT in TIME. The effect also stops like a step function. Chemical effects develop over time and decline over time, they don‘t behave like an electric switch. And they don‘t cause structural RF delta variations neither.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
You are saying that RADIO EXPERTS in the Industry are wrong you might need to go into business and teach the world and make alot of money.
This all sounds like a conspiracy theory being cooked up.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Let's see..let me hook up my spec-an and load this one up: new account joins yesterday and makes a post claiming RF is causing "employees to have headaches" and posts a screen shot and some wild claims on a radio hobbyist forum seeking "professional" advice. My spec-an is displaying this, can someone tell me how to clear this error?
Troll-credit-www.classictroll.jpg

owb24

@buddrousa

What about these guys in this German patent? Are they EXPERT enough? They work for the German military and have filed a patent on how to detect pulsed RF weapons.

Attachments

• A0C90C57-7BF4-44B1-B801-B28CC24A125F.png
    A0C90C57-7BF4-44B1-B801-B28CC24A125F.png
    213.8 KB · Views: 14

prcguy

At this point you have to ask yourself who might be going to all this trouble and for what reasons? It would take a lot of time, effort, equipment and personnel to systematically attack your building with RF to the point of hurting someone. They would need a way to know what the levels are in your building to regulate between causing harm and being detected. On the heavy metal thing, who, what and why? What materials are they using to contaminate and how are they getting it into the employees.

"Heavy metals" is a general term used by wild eyed nut cases thinking the Govt is purposely poisoning them but can never actually name the substance because its complete and utter bull sh*t. People make a fortune selling snake oil to rid your body of "heavy metals" but never actually say what that is. Again, complete bull sh*t. Don't get me started on the chemtrail whackos.

As for a directed attack on your building, probably not happening. Think of how much time, energy and $$ it would take for someone or more likely, a crew of people to do this and why would they be doing this? Do the people in your building work on sensitive projects for the Govt where another country would have a need to snuff out the people working on it? What makes you and the people in your building so special that you thing someone is going to all this trouble to harm you? It does happen, but usually between or funded by two huge super power countries. Do you fall in that category?

I'm not saying that people are not getting headaches, many things can cause that and its usually related to chemicals. I'm extremely sensitive to formaldehyde, commonly used in press board, particle board and some carpeting. It makes my eyes run and it gives me a headache and its used in lots of office furniture and shelving. Similar with carpeting but time usually airs things out but even a year after some new carpet is installed I still get affected if I'm confined in the room with poor ventilation.

Along with your search for the cause please consider and rule out the obvious outrageous and ridiculous claims caused by people reading the made up bull sh*t on the Internet.

I agree 0.25 percent is low. But then again I think potential theory of fields with singularities is at play here. As I wrote the signal directed, that is not isotropic.

Still it is not random enough a signal to suggest communication activities. It was a low level average for a day and then a jump to higher level average for another day. There is structure in there, that looks systematically like an attack.

Think of a laser beam in a dark room going on and off. On the laser line itself exposure will very high, away from the Laser very low, yet there will be a high DELTA change at the low measurements.

We measured other signals (pulsed), please see here: Tracking/Triangulating pulsed RF Signals - rtl-sdr.com

Also it is not just radiation. It is radiation combined with contamination of the employees with heavy metals. Heavy contamination, see lab results under the link.

@12dbsinad

We though about chemical causes,
the cause is not chemical though (air quality, carpet cleaners etc) since the effect is at a point in time, a step function) affecting people and electronic devices at the EXACT SAME POINT in TIME. The effect also stops like a step function. Chemical effects develop over time and decline over time, they don‘t behave like an electric switch. And they don‘t cause structural RF delta variations neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.