Direwolf conf file woes…

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
So I’ve been using the sample conf in Direwolf (windows) and so far it’s been mostly working, but sometimes the devices change order so I figured I’d write my own from scratch for this and a couple of other reasons. I’ve been using a SignaLink usb which is vox operated ptt but I need a very low audio output (120mv rms for rated deviation) which causes issues with the ptt circuit in the Signalink…. So I have a DRA-30 now but can’t get ptt to assert. (Direwolf says PTT is not configured).

The problem is that no matter what I try, I get the following error:

Config file: Unrecognized command ‘ADEVICE’ on line 1

I don’t understand. This is exactly the command specified in the documentation but no matter what I put on line one, Direwolf reports an unrecognized command. Can anyone help me get to the bottom of this?

Thanks in advance,
Brian

a417

So I’ve been using the sample conf in Direwolf (windows) and so far it’s been mostly working, but sometimes the devices change order so I figured I’d write my own from scratch for this and a couple of other reasons. I’ve been using a SignaLink usb which is vox operated ptt but I need a very low audio output (120mv rms for rated deviation) which causes issues with the ptt circuit in the Signalink…. So I have a DRA-30 now but can’t get ptt to assert. (Direwolf says PTT is not configured).

The problem is that no matter what I try, I get the following error:

Config file: Unrecognized command ‘ADEVICE’ on line 1

I don’t understand. This is exactly the command specified in the documentation but no matter what I put on line one, Direwolf reports an unrecognized command. Can anyone help me get to the bottom of this?

Thanks in advance,
Brian
can you post the contents of your config file?

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
Hey thanks for the response! I’m starting simple so I have:

ADEVICE USB
AGWPORT 8000
PTT CM108
TXDELAY 30
TXTAIL 10
DWAIT 10

That’s it! Since I’m just using APRSISCE/32 right now for simpleend user stuff, I want to just start with this. I am reading the manual for Direwolf a lot to try and see what the best setup would be for a fill-in digipeater and igate. I can append the file later. Direwolf doesn’t throw errors pertaining to any other line…

I did realize that it’s only line 1… no matter what I put there, it throws an error. So I moved everything off line 1 and now it all works but it still says there’s an unrecognized command ‘ ‘ on line 1!

a417

Try commenting out the first line with a "#" symbol, and then put a comment there.

Status
Not open for further replies.