BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Disabled Extended Rail Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmurray7jhu

Premium Subscriber
I have a a BCD436HP and I frequently use it while railfanning.

Is there anyway to disable the extended AAR channels, but still scan channels AAR 001 - 097? The channels above 97 are rarely used and it slows down the scan. The higher channel numbers are interleaved with the lower channel numbers due to of narrowbanding. Sometimes my scanner stops on the wrong channel and the audio quality is poor.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have a a BCD436HP and I frequently use it while railfanning.

Is there anyway to disable the extended AAR channels, but still scan channels AAR 001 - 097? The channels above 97 are rarely used and it slows down the scan. The higher channel numbers are interleaved with the lower channel numbers due to of narrowbanding. Sometimes my scanner stops on the wrong channel and the audio quality is poor.
If you are scanning using only the main database, no.

However, if you create a favorites list, and append the Railroad system too it, you can 'Avoid' (lock out) the "Departments" for rail channels other than 01 thru 097. Then scan just that Favorites list. You can do this quickly in Sentinel, then write it to the scanner, set to only monitor that Favorites list.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Yes. Read the manual regarding the use of the Avoid button in conjunction with the System, Department, and Channel buttons at the bottom of the keypad.

Hint: the groups of AAR channels are in different Departments.

bmurray7jhu

Premium Subscriber
@jonwienke

Thanks. That worked for me. I didn't realize that the nationwide systems were handled the same other systems and departments.

Status
Not open for further replies.