Disappearing Twin Cities Feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laxie

I really enjoy listening to the feeds on here but am disappointed to see that the Minneapolis Feed is no longer listed. I know that the broadcaster posted about equipment problems but now the feed isn't even listed even though it has been in the past when he's had equipment issues. Then yesterday the St. Paul Feed went offline. Now we have no Minneapolis or St. Paul police department feeds at all. I'm amazed that in a metro of this size we'd have this situation.

Is there a reason why this is happening? Or is it just coincidence? I appreciate those who use their scanners to broadcast for the rest of us. It's very interesting to listen to what goes on out there. It's given me even greater respect for the police departments in this area.

As you can probably tell, I'm just a listener, not a broadcaster but am really curious about why the feeds I enjoy so much are going away.

Thanks!

JoeyC

As you can probably tell, I'm just a listener, not a broadcaster but am really curious about why the feeds I enjoy so much are going away.

Thanks!

Any number of reasons only the feed provider can answer.

• Equipment failures
  • Lack of interest
  • Safety concerns
  • Recognition that doing so is contributing to the demise of the monitoring hobby

Just to name a few.

sfd119

Feeds come and go, the staff at RR really aren't responsible for them. As stated above, it could be many reasons why the feed is gone. It may return, it may not return, or someone else will put one up. Only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.