Disappointed with Uniden

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmack550

Premium Subscriber
I have to say I am EXTREMELY disappointed with my Bcd536hp scanner which died 9 days out of warranty. The display went out completely making the scanner unusable. This scanner has never been abused in ANY WAY ...never dropped or even scratched. Now I will have to pay for a repair on a $500 scanner which is barely more than a year old. Pretty pathetic for Unidens top of the line scanner. Makes me seriously want to reconsider my next brand of scanner. Sorry Uniden you have let me down!

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It's a known issue, and repair is free regardless of whether it is still in warranty.

JamesO

Most of the 536HP scanners had the warranty extended to 3 years due to all the problems these radios had. The later radios may not have had the warranty "officially" extended, but I think even the blank display is ANOTHER 536HP problem that a smaller number of radios had. I would expect that Uniden should cover this repair?

I would use the 536HP Campaign process to try and get the radio repaired.

I just sent my 536HP in after 2 1/2 years for the headphone jack, back up battery and display LED repairs. These are all known problems and I was patient enough to wait it out because I figured there may be additional problems crop up after the headphone jack problem and I was right. This was all repaired for no charge to include shipping both ways. I will say at least Uniden is acknowledging the problems and addressing them properly. It cost them some money, but today with forums and social media manufacturers better be careful how they handle "known" problems.

https://www.uniden.com/product-information/bcdx36hp-repair-campaign

dmack550

Premium Subscriber
I had heard about the backlight and headphone jack issue but not an actual failure of the display itself so I did not think it was a recall issue when i sent it in. Upman I would really appreciate you looking into it. The ticket number is 1999474. Thank you!!!

bee

WOW. I used to live in South Bend years and years ago. 418 South Williams Street

Ben Franklin Grammer School.

JamesO

I had heard about the backlight and headphone jack issue but not an actual failure of the display itself so I did not think it was a recall issue when i sent it in. Upman I would really appreciate you looking into it. The ticket number is 1999474. Thank you!!!

Cannot say 100% that this will be covered, but this is not the only 536HP that I have heard about the display going totally out. Seems that this may be a smaller subset of radios, unclear if this is an assembly problem with a connection that is not tight or a hardware component problem.

Also if the radio is only partially out of the warranty window, I would hope that Uniden is not so hard nosed to charge someone for this type of repair. I was in the auto industry for years and I know for a fact that many repairs were covered beyond the warranty period depending on the situation. This all goes to build customer good will at the end of the day.

gary123

I have found Uniden to be extremely reasonable on warrany issues. The repair campaign people are doing a great job on fixing these known issues. I suggest you try the process.

I have several 536s in the fleets I maintain and only 1 had had to be returned for known issues related failures. All the other units returned have been for user abuse and all were fixed at very reasonable cost AND it appears that the known issues were looked at while these repairs were done.

In other words give Uniden a chance to disappoint you dont assume that they will.

Status
Not open for further replies.