Disapproval Rating Highest in Gallup History

Status
Not open for further replies.

af5rn

XTS3000 said:
bush is the only one I know of that has EVER referred to Google as "The Google". Maybe he should use "The Google" for more than looking at his ranch on Google Earth. Even Grandma knows its GOOGLE!!
Man are you out of touch. I know a lot of people who refer to it as "the Google." Although, it is usually written at "teh google". You must not know near as many geeks as I do. Or, at least your Grandma isn't one, lol.

ibagli

Premium Subscriber
How many of them started calling it "the Google" only after they heard it from the president, though?

jb872033

"About what? Snipers in Bosnia? Oh no, that was Hillary. Was it that he didn't know his pastor of twenty years was a racist? Whooops, that was Obama.

Unless you have some indisputably verifiable example of an actual lie (requires intent), I'd say that makes you the liar."

Heres one!!!!!! The war in Iraq wasnt about personal gain or anything!!!, how about that one or the guise of playing public fear in hopes of invading another country...first it was about WMDs....Then it was about the people being mistreated...now its.....i dont even know at this point...i can see both sides of most issues but not this one!! Having said that I support our troops and hope that they will all be home safely, well except for the 4000 or so that wont be because we needed to protect the oil fields...we take iraq and gas prices go up?? not that that is all one persons fault but i think that personal intrests shold take a back seat to politics when you are the president!!!!!! JMHO

JB

af5rn

jb872033 said:
Heres one!!!!!! The war in Iraq wasnt about personal gain or anything!!!, how about that one...
What has he personally gained? Obviously not your respect or approval, lol. He hasn't made anybody happy with any of this. So let me guess, he did it for personal gain, but failed at that too?

or the guise of playing public fear in hopes of invading another country...first it was about WMDs....Then it was about the people being mistreated...now its.....i dont even know at this point...
Obviously, you never did know. It was always about all of those. Only those dishonest partisans who have an agenda claim that it is about the one (out of many) premise that turned out to be mistaken. At least you're not attempting to claim that he knowingly "lied" about WMDs. Giving him credit for getting every intelligence agency in the world -- including France -- to help him with that lie would make him a lot smarter than even I give him credit for.

i can see both sides of most issues but not this one!!
The facts blow away all your lame theories. If that doesn't register with you, then it is because it requires more intelligent, independent, critical thought than you are capable of, or you simply refuse to acknowledge it. Failure to see the truth does not make it fiction.

Having said that I support our troops and hope that they will all be home safely, well except for the 4000 or so that wont be because we needed to protect the oil fields...we take iraq and gas prices go up??
Bingo. Sorta blows your lame-arse theory that the war was about oil now, doesn't it? If we went in to steal oil from Iraq, why are we still buying it for over $100 dollars a barrell from every oil producing nation EXCEPT Iraq? And, if troops were protecting the oil interests, the pipelines wouldn't keep getting blown up by Iranian terrorists.

I've watched friends die in Iraq for two tours. Not a one ever died for oil. You wanna know what's going on there, then get off your arse and go see for yourself. You aren't ever going to get it from CNN or Hillary Clinton.

RC54730

GreatLakes said:
Bush has four major faults that overwhelm his qualities. He confuses these faults with qualities of leadership.

He lies.

He's arrogant.

He thinks he's above the law.

He uses religion as a resource, in the wrong way.
Oh God, do you have to remind me?!? I voted for him twice in a row, and am at a loss at how I'm going to clear my conscience. I hope that by voting for Barack this time, even if it's a mistake, it will balance the previous two mistakes. Wasn't quite sure it was a mistake the first time I voted for GWB, but I really should have figured it out the second time around. I should have sat that one out, but just couldn't deal with Gore either... argh.

af5rn

ibagli said:
How many of them started calling it "the Google" only after they heard it from the president, though?
Hmmm... you might have a point there. I've been saying "misunderestimated" ever since I heard the President say it, hehe.

z96cobra

elk2370bruce said:
Four bucks a gallon for gas. Unemployment rising. The dollar's value shrinking. Historically, we are following the same pattern that lead to the Great Depression. This is not a small bump in the economic graphline. What do we get? $ 1200 bucks is supposed to put everything to rights in a society and economy going down the porcelin utencil. Multi-faceted programming with some legislative/leadership teeth is going to be needed. Hizzoner George II, has let the ball drop, bounce a few times, and now is rolling aimlessly on the floor. Too little. Too Late.
Unemployment is rising because a Democrat enacted "NAFTA", and all the jobs left town. Sub-prime loans? Started under the Clinton administration also. We kept hearing "get the Republicans out of congress so we can fix everything" from the Democrats. Now the Democrats have a majority and what have they done? Oh yeah, they had "hearings" on the Patriots "Spy Gate", they brought in a bunch of MLB players to try to see if they could hang a few of 'em for using steroids and HGH. I could care less what the Patriots do, or which players are shooting up. Nancy Pelosi kept saying that the Democrats were going to do something about the high cost of fuel back when it was $2.50 a gallon for unleaded. They did something alright, damn near doubled the price! Its easy to shift the blame to wherever one wants.

99.9% of politicians are lying crooks. You just have to pick the lesser of two evils, or somehow get a 3rd party with a strong candidate into the mix.

Roger

Piston52Heavy

I've mentioned this before but I love how the Democrats are blaming Bush for the economy. I guess I can blame Granholm - a Democrat- for the economy here in Michigan. Michigan has one of the worst economies in the United States! I remember during the last election she had a T.V. commercial where she said, "...and in five years, you'll be blown away!" People in Michigan have been blown away alright - blown right out of the state because she hasn't done anything to help Michigan!

Piston52Heavy

The thing with the Democrats is that they want everythign given to them. Ahhhhh, no. - Get off your can and get a job!! It might not be the greatest job, but it's a job! When I see Hillary on TV, I get this urge to throw up!

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Why does anybody give a damn what Bush's approval rating is? It wouldn't matter if it were 0% on every subject. He's done, he's outta there.

Mike

tbharper

Premium Subscriber
Piston52Heavy said:
The thing with the Democrats is that they want everythign given to them. Ahhhhh, no. - Get off your can and get a job!! It might not be the greatest job, but it's a job! When I see Hillary on TV, I get this urge to throw up!

amen i feel thew same way just hearing her flap her jaws drive me up the wall.

noride thanks for that link i had forgotten all about it

dic

Lowest approval ratings in history:

1-W-2008 31% (19% of REPUBLICANS disapprove)
2-Harry Truman-1952 33%
3-W- 2008 33%
4-Richard Nixon- 1974 34%
5-W- 2007 34%

Poor Harry, in such lousy company.

dic

af5rn said:
About what? Snipers in Bosnia? Oh no, that was Hillary. Was it that he didn't know his pastor of twenty years was a racist? Whooops, that was Obama.

Unless you have some indisputably verifiable example of an actual lie (requires intent), I'd say that makes you the liar.
I am not sure, but I think the options in the poll are

president Bush:
1-Approve
2-Disapprove

I don't think there is a category for "Blame the Democrats Who are Running for President" or "Blame Bill Clinton".

president Bush:
1-Approve 31%
2-Disapprove 69%

Last edited:

dic

And just for reference sake:
If Hilary wins I am voting for McCain.

I cannot listen to that woman yell for four years.
She is a perfect example of the CLASSIC ugly, angry, nagging, _itch wife.

ridgescan

Why does anybody give a damn what Bush's approval rating is? It wouldn't matter if it were 0% on every subject. He's done, he's outta there.

Mike
...........more like "we're done,he's outta there"

dic

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it

I think it is interesting because in 30 or 40 years (if this country actually survives this presidency), our children and our grandchildren are going to be asking us "What was it like to be alive when the worst president in HISTORY was president. Were things as really as bad as they say?"

I remember being in elementary school studying the Presidents and asking my grandfather "What was it like to be alive when Herbert Hoover was President? Were things REALLY as bad as they say?"

Ridgescan, we are living in a HISTORY MAKING presidential ADMINISTRATION.
The Bush presidency is most likely the worst and most corrupt presidency EVER, and to top Richard Nixon is quite a feat.
Hopefully, by the time our grandchildren ask us about W, the truth about this corrupt and embarrassing administration will have come to light.

Last edited:

ridgescan

Hey dic-I totally agree..but just as you are stressing as your concearn about this prick-what he's about to unload on us in the remainder will surely carry into our grandkids' lives too. this guy's only starting!

Status
Not open for further replies.