Disaster Exercise In LV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOUGHLIFE

Earlier this AM it appeared from radio traffic that Metro PD and other agencies were preparing for an exercise and were utilizing several frequencies including 154.2800 in the repeater mode licensed to Metro PD and 867.0125 (Mutual Aid Tac 2). The SNACC system had the radio techs active with their TG ID of 65488. The techs also use ID 65504.
Traffic on these two frequencies were linked to each other.

On Wednesday October 4th there will be a disaster exercise at McCarran International Airport so that should provide some good monitoring.

edgeman

I saw this in the news. This drill was being presented as a test of an brand new radio system that would be shared by all agencies within the county. Are you aware, other then Metro's system, of any new system that the county is working on?

Your post doesn't seem to indicate this, but it never hurts to ask.

Thanks again for the information, it is really appreciated by some of us out there in the world.

TOUGHLIFE

"New System"

All the media was referring to was a patch between the SNACC Motorola system (Clark Co), the DOT EDACS system (NHP and its many other users including UNLVPD), and the LVMPD conventional system. The patches have been around for several years between the systems and have been used such as when the President came to town for coordination purposes. Remember the media really does not understand much about radio and as a result they call it a "new system". It is only an upgrade among the systems permitting linking between them.

ewink

No, Toughlife, they call it a 'new system' because that's what the County & METRO called it. :) We're not a tumb as you dhink. We do tend to parrot press releases and what 'officials' tell us far to often though.

I actually brought up a question for them to pursue, as why METRO is wasting tax money going to their own trunking system instead of joining with the County on theirs (since interoperability -spelling I'm sure- is a major concern). I don't think anyone asked. The press in this state is afraid of METRO.

TOUGHLIFE

LVMPD 155.940 In Repeater Mode

Very recently some of their personnel have been talking on this frequency very informally to the extent that the content of their transmissions is somewhat embarrasing to the agency and the officers. Their personal activities seem to dominate the conversations and they speak as if nobody could possibly hear them. Little do they know. It's great entertainment for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.