Discone Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo68

Hi i use the Icom-AH7000 its 12 metres high never had a problem with it in 15 years my area is flat and we get winds exceed 120kmh and performance on vhf/uhf is excellent it does cost more than other discones but u get 50 feet of 5D-2V low loss coax cable and 2 N type connectors soen retailers will still have stock otherwise its replaced by the Icom-AH8000

Regards Lino.

KI4VBR

Premium Subscriber
A Diamond... In The Rough

From what I have read and from many reviews,the Diamond D-130J Discone antenna is the best.

Here is a link to a place you could buy it from:Diamond D-130J D-130NJ Discone Antenna

I have this antenna myself,but I never have put it up.

I have a Diamond discone up and I am thrilled with it. Even though the discone doest not offer gain by design, this antenna allowed me to listen in on war games happening 40 miles away. I could hear A-10, F16 aircraft and their ground forward controllers communicate. LOcally, no problems with picking up all area (20mi) police/fire/ems systems....also good on VHF air too.

Very well built, seems to be able to stand up to some serious winds here on Florida's west cost and wont break the bank like some of the commercial/mil products do.

I would replace mine if it went away or was damaged.

Vince

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
The one from radio shack is great after you replace the cone elements with steele rods instead of those pos hollow tubes !

Status
Not open for further replies.