Discone Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOK5CY

I'd like to report our tram 1411 is working fine . it's not junk at all . I've got ours up at 16ft and it's receiving everything I have uploaded in our grecom 600 . 800 trunked , uhf , vhf . so in my opinion the tram 1411 is a great antenna . besides that I'm running rg8x and no signal loss .

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
RG8X coaxial cable is not the best choice for long runs. Fortunately, your RG8X run is relatively short at 15', based on your signature, so it works well enough.

As to the Tram 1410, is it located outdoors? If so, how long has it been exposed to the elements? I am curious as I own one.

KOK5CY

My coax is a 50ft roll and the tram 1411 has been up since the 1st part of spring this year . so in my personal opinion it's working great and I'm receiving the state trunking site great which is only 20 miles away . so the tram 1411 must be a great product or I wouldn't have bought it .

CorwinScansNM

I currently have a discone it is very old and storm damaged but still works good. For the life of me I can not remember the make and model. It only has 4 down planes a whip and a star pattern ground plane.

Could it be the Centerfire Deluxe Discone Antenna that you are trying to think of & remember? That specific Discone Antenna has been replaced and is now known as the Shrike Hybrid Mini-Discone Antenna by Centerfire.

shirsch101

Premium Subscriber
That's it thanks, for the life of me I could not think for the name of it...I thing I am going to go with the Diamond D130

shirsch101

Premium Subscriber
I replaced my Shrike Mini Discone antenna this weekend with a new Diamond D130J Discone. I thought I had good reception all through the bands but the D130J now took the reception to a new level. What an improvement with even simulcasted systems in West Chester, PA. I am using a BCD536HP and their is hardly anymore distortion coming from the simulcasted frequencies. I would now on highly recommend the D130J

Status
Not open for further replies.