Disconnecting from DMR auto-static TG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WB2UZR

Hi All

I am trying to understand the best way to disconnect from a TG that becomes auto-static using a Pi-star hotspot. If I disconnect the TG using the 4000 TG, after a few minutes it returns. It doesn't show in the Brandmeister pi-star dash, but it shows in the static talkgroups box in the BM selfcare page. I see references to this in searches, but I'm not clear on the procedure to disconnect? Do I need to go to the static talkgroup box in selfcare, move it to the left, and then reset the connection? I guess if I disconnect using 4000 then bring up another TG, that will disconnect the first TG, but what if you want to disconnect everything? Seems like a roundabout process to have to use the selfcare, so maybe I'm not understanding fully.

Thanks!
Scott/WB2UZR

lviper

Premium Subscriber
I'm still very green and new to this but I sometimes have the same problem. What I've noticed so far is timing. It's very difficult sometimes to get your ptt for tg 4000 in there because many stations do not leave a long enough gap between transmissions. Many times I see my attempt to keyup tg 4000 was beat by someone else. Thus my transmit wasn't heard.

I have also tried the drop qso and drop all dynamic buttons on the brandmeister api in pi-star as well as from the selfcare page. Sometimes it works and others it doesn't. But usually always works for me is moving the tg to the left in the static tg box of the bm selfcare page. Otherwise, like when I'm mobile, it's all about the timing of tranmitting on tg 4000. I try to be fast enough to hit the tail end of the last station's transmission.

Like I said earlier, I'm still green and very new so maybe someone else will have a better way. Or maybe a better explanation.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
its true that many dont give you enough pause. You can go into BM selfcare after registering and actually do the 4000 command to drop call there or add API to let you do it on the RPI some hams buy the dual slot board and one benefit it. you have to two time slots to do this.

Alec
N1AJW

WB2UZR

Thanks for the responses. I will have to double check, but I think it still reconnects even when I do the 4000 command, either from the radio or via the selfcare page. I'm not 100% sure but I think it still reconnects. I have tried various sequences, even when moving the TG to the left box and deleting it that way, It still pops up. I don't take the hotspot mobile, but seems like this is something that would be a problem if you are not looking at the selfcare page? And I also tried the 4000 etc when on a quiet TG, so no chance of anyone doubling with me, although that is a good tip. I did add the API to load the BM dashboard, but the TG often does not show as connected in the dash, only on the selfcare static TG box.

mitbr

Thanks for the responses. I will have to double check, but I think it still reconnects even when I do the 4000 command, either from the radio or via the selfcare page. I'm not 100% sure but I think it still reconnects. I have tried various sequences, even when moving the TG to the left box and deleting it that way, It still pops up. I don't take the hotspot mobile, but seems like this is something that would be a problem if you are not looking at the selfcare page? And I also tried the 4000 etc when on a quiet TG, so no chance of anyone doubling with me, although that is a good tip. I did add the API to load the BM dashboard, but the TG often does not show as connected in the dash, only on the selfcare static TG box.
It will reconnect if you don't remove the talkgroup from static status.
Tim :cool:

WB2UZR

Well. here's what I just tried. I connected to TG 3100, issued the 4000 command to disconnect and moved 3100 out of the right side static TG box, moved it to left. After maybe 15 seconds or so, it shows as connected in the right side static TG box again, It did require a refresh. I tried the same thing a second time, and it hasn't reconnected. I tried a bunch of different things yesterday, I let it expire, and it came back, I tried moving the Tg out of the right side box, and hit "reset connection" and I think that worked. just wondering what the preferred method is, and what do you do when mobile?

mitbr

If you are using the Brandmeister API all you have to do is remove the static talkgroup and it should be removed permanently. If this is not happening the static talkgroups may have been initiated by your radio. If you select a talkgroup via your radio to be active IE key up on that talkgroup then the talkgroup now becomes static via your radio and Brandmeister wont fix the problem. To remove a static talkgroup that you created in your radio wait until no one is using it then send the 4000 code via your radio that will fix the problem.

mitbr

Also just to add...... When I am at home I never touch my DMR radio and select all my talkgroups via the Brandmeister API. I use this link to determine what talkgroups are active Brandmeister Talkgroups | Top Activity when I see something I like simply copy and paste that talkgroup into the static area of the Brandmeister API and your done. When you dont want to hear it anymore simply remove it from the static list never touching my radio works real well.

WB2UZR

Thanks Tim, I think that's exactly what was happening, using the radio and then the API, or vice versa. Thanks for that info, and also the other info on using the API only, I will probably do that as well. I figured there had to be a way to do what I wanted!

WB2UZR

Also just to add...... When I am at home I never touch my DMR radio and select all my talkgroups via the Brandmeister API. I use this link to determine what talkgroups are active Brandmeister Talkgroups | Top Activity when I see something I like simply copy and paste that talkgroup into the static area of the Brandmeister API and your done. When you dont want to hear it anymore simply remove it from the static list never touching my radio works real well.
Here's a dumb question, where do you paste the 4000 to disconnect in the API?

mitbr

Here's a dumb question, where do you paste the 4000 to disconnect in the API?
You don't need to.... here is what you do if the static talkgroup is busy and only if its busy on the Brandmeister hotspot page click on drop call after you remove the static talkgroup from the API. If you click on drop call before you remove the static talkgroup the static talkgroup will come back in a few seconds.The drop call command is designed to allow you to disconnect from the call while someone is talking and nothing else. Hope this helps! Any further questions let me know always glad to help.

WB2UZR

You don't need to.... here is what you do if the static talkgroup is busy and only if its busy on the Brandmeister hotspot page click on drop call after you remove the static talkgroup from the API. If you click on drop call before you remove the static talkgroup the static talkgroup will come back in a few seconds.The drop call command is designed to allow you to disconnect from the call while someone is talking and nothing else. Hope this helps! Any further questions let me know always glad to help.
Excellent, Tim. I appreciate your help!!

Scott/WB2UZR

Status
Not open for further replies.