Disconnecting PC input with Uniden BC346XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamAltenberger

Feed Provider
Hi all,
I've recently set up a Broadcastify feed using my Uniden BC346XT scanner. The problem I'm running into occurs when I plug in a 1/8" audio patch cable between the scanner's headphone jack and my computer's line-in jack. When the scanner isn't playing anything, my computer recognizes that the line-in is connected. However, once the scanner starts playing audio from a channel, my computer displays "Line-in Disconnected" after about one second. When the audio stops and the scanner starts scanning again, my computer says that the line-in is connected again. The way that was able to get my feed to work right now was by plugging the audio cable only halfway into the headphone jack on my scanner. I've tried plugging in other audio sources, like my iPod, which work as expected. I've also tried other patch cables. It's only my BC346XT scanner that produces the problem. My computer is a 2008 Apple iMac running Windows 7 in Boot Camp. It appears that the audio driver is by RealTek.

:confused: Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can solve this "disconnecting" problem? I feel like leaving it halfway-unplugged in the scanner isn't a very good long-term solution as bumping it could disrupt the feed. Thanks!

SamAltenberger

Feed Provider
PM received from wpt:
wtp said:
the 346 uses a stereo jack. is the plug also stereo?
usually when you have to pull the plug out halfway it is a mono plug?
sent the pm because i have no equipment like yours.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll double-check on that when I'm back at the server. I'm fairly confident that the patch cable I'm currently using is a stereo cable, but I don't think that's the issue since I tried using another patch cable that I know is stereo. Maybe using a mono patch cable instead would solve the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.