Discovering a new system in my area

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubs0980

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I've been trying to map out all the plow systems in my area and I found the missing link for all the county trucks (I think) but I'm not sure where to go from here. I close called a frequency next to one of their stations with my 396xt and got a digital signal (460.250) and found their FCC listing. Seems like a simple repeater setup for different parts of the county but I'm not sure what type of signal it is. They are state/county so I hope P25 and not mototrbo or something but i've always leached my info from this site so now maybe I can give something back. There doesnt seem to be any kind of control frequency. Any tips on how to proceed from here?

WGI860 (SAINT JOSEPH, COUNTY OF) FCC Callsign Details

Thanks

dubs0980

Premium Subscriber
Well now I'm thinking its something besides p25 since my 396xt doesnt decode anything when I manually scan the frequencies. On a known p25 system it does decode voice when entered as a conventional system. Maybe my SDR coming today with DSD+ can figure out what it is.

MarkWestin

The key to what it is is on the page that you referenced. On that page is the Emission column. 7K60FXD and 7K60FXE are the emission types for Digital Data (D) and Voice (E) on a Mototrbo system. If you search for the emission type with Google or whatever your favorite search engine is, it will show web sites that explain what the emission type is.

Mark

dubs0980

Premium Subscriber
Confirmed with DSD. Now I just gave to clean it up and decode it. Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.