Discovery - Compare to database do not work..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoggorm

Hi,

I can remember that when I used Discovery about a year ago, all hits that was in my Favorites lists appeared in Sentinel with the name of the channel in the Discovery Log Viewer.

Now however I cannot get this information displayed. In the Discovery settings, the option Compare DB is on.

Is there something else I've forgotten since this information do not appear anymore?

Thanks

Hoggorm

Dont feel bad,I couldnt get this feature to work either!

I'm sorry. I do not understand what you mean. You could not get this feature to work, but it is working now, or has the feature stopped working for you as well?

Anyway - it did work for me about a year ago, but it does not work anymore... I might have done something with the settings. The only setting I've checked is that Compare DB is ON in the Discovery settings. Are there other settings I should check?

Ubbe

I would say it is a bug in the software.

When I look in the discovery log using Sentinel I can see that it compares with the favorites list, as it says that the frequency (and color code) is known but do not show any channel name. I guess the name lookup only use the DB and not the Favorites as it stands now in the latest upgrade version.

/Ubbe

Hoggorm

I would say it is a bug in the software.

When I look in the discovery log using Sentinel I can see that it compares with the favorites list, as it says that the frequency (and color code) is known but do not show any channel name. I guess the name lookup only use the DB and not the Favorites as it stands now in the latest upgrade version.

/Ubbe

I see the same and agree.

Hope this can be fixed... It is a very handy feature to see what channel name uses a frequency.

kd7jfv

Database Admin
If you use the Auto Store option, Discovery will create a new Favorites List called Trunking Discovery, or Conventional Discovery. Each Session will create a new System, and each Run will create a new Department for IDs or frequencies found.

pb_lonny

If you use the Auto Store option, Discovery will create a new Favorites List called Trunking Discovery, or Conventional Discovery. Each Session will create a new System, and each Run will create a new Department for IDs or frequencies found.

Correct, this is how it works for me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.