Discovery Mode questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WouffHong

OK - poked around TWIKI to no avail, so let me throw it out here. ;-)

I created two local Discovery files one called VHF AIR and the other UHF AIR and populated both with long searches on both bands. Created a "favorite" GENERAL AIR to make a favorites list thereof.

How do I get the 2 Discovery collections into that new GENERAL AIR list when I cannot even find them on the HP-1 to populate GENERAL AIR?? - Same on the SENTINEL - no sign of them anywhere. :-( Yes I have downloaded from HP-1 ;-)

I can still open them in the Discovery mode to add more searchings or review them, but that's all.. :-(

Cannot get them into the desired Favorite list.:-(

Thanks!!
Wouff

WouffHong

With 140 Viewers, is there not anyone that can screw my head back on right?? - I think i'm cross-threaded ;) as I cannot integrate discovery findings into anything readable or accessible . ;) )
Tom in GA

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Hey Tom,
I will have to jump on my Windows partition on my laptop in few and make sure (I know I have done it in the past) but you should be able to copy and paste from discovery mode. You may have to use Excel as a go-between (Copy from Sentinel DIscovery to Excel then Excel to Favorites List Editor).
I just got settled in and will double check in few but I believe you should be able to copy->paste with Excel as a go between.
Marshall KE4ZNR

OK - poked around TWIKI to no avail, so let me throw it out here. ;-)

I created two local Discovery files one called VHF AIR and the other UHF AIR and populated both with long searches on both bands. Created a "favorite" GENERAL AIR to make a favorites list thereof.

How do I get the 2 Discovery collections into that new GENERAL AIR list when I cannot even find them on the HP-1 to populate GENERAL AIR?? - Same on the SENTINEL - no sign of them anywhere. :-( Yes I have downloaded from HP-1 ;-)

I can still open them in the Discovery mode to add more searchings or review them, but that's all.. :-(

Cannot get them into the desired Favorite list.:-(

Thanks!!
Wouff

WouffHong

Senior Geek and HP-1 learning curve ;-)

Hey Tom,
I will have to jump on my Windows partition on my laptop in few and make sure (I know I have done it in the past) but you should be able to copy and paste from discovery mode. You may have to use Excel as a go-between (Copy from Sentinel DIscovery to Excel then Excel to Favorites List Editor).
I just got settled in and will double check in few but I believe you should be able to copy->paste with Excel as a go between.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Thanks, Marshall... Gotta go out this Am but be back in afternoon.

guess what i need is to start over and learn the procedure to create a new entity called local air, but HOW does one populate it with the 2 discovery-mode results? (on the HP-12) preferably. ;-)
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.