Discovery Mode - Uniden Bearcat BCD463HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

tangosuite

Hi folks! Me again asking to the masters of radio!

The thing goes like this...in my other post I was telling about getting a Uniden Bearcat BCD436HP and if I could be able to use it with out the "location based scanning" feature. Finally, the answer to that is YES, and the function is called "Discovery mode".

This awesome feature works really fine, but I'm having some issues that I can't solve searching on the internet. Let's see, when I try to "discover" in a conventional system (UHF, VHF) I put the lower and upper limits of the frequencies and the scanner starts to scan, simply as that, works just fine.

The issue comes when I try to scan a trunked system. I'm really get stuck at this. The scanner ask me for a system definition and I can't get it work. Maybe it's me, I dont understand much of the trunked systems but maybe also is because I dont have the Full Database ON...

I dont know what to do to get it work. Any suggestion?

Any of you has discovered how to put the discovery mode on trunked systems to work (without the full database ON)?

Thanks my friends!

Happy new year!!!

tangosuite

Hi Bravo 14! Thanks for your answer!

I already have been seeing this video, but can't find how to put trunk discovery mode to work. For what I see, you can find a System starting a new session, but I get stuck right here... Can't find any system name, don't know how to do it.

Have you set the full data base on? or this trunked system "BAY" is in one of your favorite lists?

Thanks! Best regards!

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Hi Bravo 14! Thanks for your answer!

I already have been seeing this video, but can't find how to put trunk discovery mode to work. For what I see, you can find a System starting a new session, but I get stuck right here... Can't find any system name, don't know how to do it.

Have you set the full data base on? or this trunked system "BAY" is in one of your favorite lists?

Thanks! Best regards!

"Bay" is in my favorites list. I don't have the Full Database ON on my setup. I run my favorite lists.

tangosuite

Ok Bravo, I get it, you only use your favourite list, me too! But, how do you "call" this system which is on your favourite list?

I just get stuck when I create a new session (trunk discovery) and I have to say the name of a system... Maybe I have to create it before? Am I rigth? Where on the menu I can do this?

Sorry, I'm a totally newby at this. Thanks Bravo!

Status
Not open for further replies.