Discoving Radio Frequency For U.K. College Security System

Status
Not open for further replies.

hot_denim

I am trying to find the frequencies used by the Security Guards radio system within a college in England.

My Scanner as the Close Call feature that will automatically detect and switch to a close by transmission as it happens, but this has not worked with this system, even when I am just yards away from a security guard that is using their radio (tried a few times).

Also I have tried scanning the all the bands in a loop for several hours (one band at a time). Also specicaly the 400-470Mhz

My scanner is working as I am able to use the above methods to pick up some transmission in the city center (I say some, as I cannot know which I failed to).

Is it possible that they are using some radio system that does not allow scanning ?. Else what could be the problem ?. Anything else I can try ?

My scanner is a UNIDEN USC-230-E handheld scanner.

hot_denim

South and City College Birmingham.

Any way I can find out if it IS digital that is in use. Also should the Close Call feature not also still detect Digital transmission also ? , digital use the same frequency bands , no ?,

Pete_uk

Ubbe

To make closecall work better you will need a FM trap filter and an adjustable attenuator to screen out transmitters further away.

You should be able to closecall on all digital basestations, Tetra and DMR.
To be able to catch frequencies from digital mobile/portables you'll need a digital frequency capturer like the Aceco SC1 plus.
It's cheap but lacks memory to store captures and cannot control a scanner. But there are other more expensive models that do.

/Ubbe

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Since the OP hasn't visited RR in over 3 years I'm not sure this was really needed.

Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.