Discriminator location on pro-197?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk262

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know where it is? Some pictures would be even better. I googled for the PSR-600 discriminator tap as well but couldn't find directions or a picture.

Thanks for any help.

n5ims

Nearly all recent (and not so recent) GRE based scanners have their discriminator tap as Test Point 4 (often labeled TP4 or TP-4). I can't find the specific instructions for the PSR-600 or Pro-197, but their sister radio, the Pro-106 (which uses the same circuit boards) has their instructions in the RR WIKI here Pro-106 Discriminator Tap - The RadioReference Wiki which should show you where it is on the desktop/mobile versions as well. My Pro-197's TP4 matches the 106's picture (although I haven't tapped it as of yet).

Last edited:

mk262

Premium Subscriber
That's helpful, thank you. Can you guys recommend someone good to install the tap with a jack for a fee? My soldering skills are pretty rough.

SCPD

QRT
If I'm not mistaken you should be able to use the programming USB cable, and go into the advanced setting on the 197 and enable "dumpCC", which works just as well as going through and installing a discriminator

Status
Not open for further replies.