Discriminator Tap BC700A

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBall517

Ok, i was wanting to know how to put a disc. tap on my old scanner, i have sort of an idea on how to do this but i'm not sure where to solder from to the pin. Plus after i do this would i be able to get the raw data from the headphone jack or how would that be done? Thanks in advance.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Read questions Q2 and Q3 of the Scandata FAQ. These will supply the pin for the BC700 to use, and give you some hints on mounting a new jack, respectively. The article is linked below;

SCANDATA.FAQ - The RadioReference Wiki

This document comes from work done by the late Bill Cheek, long considered the father of tap technology such as this.

Best Regards...Mike

FireBall517

Bc700a

Ok i found the 3359DA chip but it dosen't have njm next to the 3359DA however below the chip number it says three different letters. How do I also find the 10 Pin N°
, there are 18 pins overall and wanted to know this before i do the tap. I read the scandata FAQ'S also but could it be as simple as running a wire from the pin to an 3.5 mm jack and dremeling a hole in the back and grounding it to the case. I am good with computers but not really this and i'm ok with soldering. Thanks if you can help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.