discriminator tap for BC95XLT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigcam406

hi,i hope im posting this in the correct forum,but i have a question. lately i have been doing some reading about SDR and im thinking instead of forking out over 700 bucks Canadian for a scanner that receives DMR and other similar formats,i would investigate the possibility of using my old laptop and my Uniden BC95XLT.i looked for information online about installing a discriminator tap on this scanner,but i havn't found much info on how it could be done.theres alot of DMR in my area,as the info is being released into the database recently,and i would like to tap into it,excuse the pun.any information would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
No need to tap your scanner (and this is the wrong place for this post anyway, so let's get this back on topic)- get one or two of those RTL sticks and fire away. Cost under USD40 for two, if you need them. Check out this article from our wiki

RTL-SDR - The RadioReference Wiki

You will need some horsepower for that laptop, I suspect, but better than modifying a scanner unnecessarily

Mike

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
No need to tap your scanner (and this is the wrong place for this post anyway, so let's get this back on topic)- get one or two of those RTL sticks and fire away. Cost under USD40 for two, if you need them. Check out this article from our wiki

RTL-SDR - The RadioReference Wiki

You will need some horsepower for that laptop, I suspect, but better than modifying a scanner unnecessarily

Mike

Yeah, you would probably need TWO tapped scanners, one for the control channel receiver and a second for the voice receiver. It's probably much easier to buy 2 dongles and be done with it. They work right out of the box, no assembly required!

slicerwizard

ACER is not a spec. Specs are listed under Control Panel / Performance Information and Tools / View and print detailed performance and system information.

Status
Not open for further replies.