Discriminator Tap on BC92XLT

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainman111

I would like to monitor ATCS on the railroad but I need to install/find the discriminator tap on my BC92XLT. I found a site that gives directions on how to do it for a PRO-97 (http://www.naturalgfx.com/pro97_discriminator.htm) but that obviously isn't the same inside as the BC92XLT. On the site, it said to locate TP4, which is the hard part for me. Where is it?? I understand how to do the rest of the steps but I can't find TP4.

JohnnyGalaga

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
So what is ATCS and what software do you monitor it with ?

trainman111

I'm pretty new to ATCS but I know the basic idea behind it. ATCS or Advanced Train Control System is used by train dispatchers to track the trains and make it easier for them to tell the engineers of a train what to do (because they can see where it is and where it needs to go in their territory), and to control track switches along the track. You can monitor ATCS with ATCS Monitor available from www.atcsmon.com (there is also much more detailed info on ATCS from the site above. NOTE: You have to become a member of the ATCS yahoo group in-order to download the program, the link is on the page).

Hope that cleared it up a bit. I would definately recommend going to the site if you want to learn more.

Nick

scankid

Premium Subscriber
des tap

the LND7 is the tap point . with a 10k resister in line, then a ground from the antenna's ground to a 3.5 mm jack! I've done it but no success yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.