Discussions on Antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Man

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Could a HF Antenna section be created? With the current discription Scanner/Receiver Its not clear to me anyways that one would post or find HF Antenna info under that discription. It would also be nice not to have to dig thru all the Scanner Antenna posts.

corbintechboy

Premium Subscriber
Could a HF Antenna section be created? With the current discription Scanner/Receiver Its not clear to me anyways that one would post or find HF Antenna info under that discription. It would also be nice not to have to dig thru all the Scanner Antenna posts.

I agree!

Scanner antennas and SWL/MW/LW antennas are 3 completely different aliens.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
We have a number of wide band receivers which receive HF so it's entirely appropriate for such antenna questions to go to a 'scanner and receiver' antenna forum...

After all the word 'receiver' is a pretty broad topic in and of itself. If someone wants to propose to Wayne that we have a 'HF/MW/LF Antennas' forum I'd support this. After all we have an Amateur Radio Antennas forum...then the Scanner and Receiver antennas forum could be just for scanners, since they are indeed a different animal...

Mike

[edit] I've made the proposal in the private forums - it's up to you (the membership) to make noise about this to Wayne. The rest, as they say, is in your hands...

Last edited:

ridgescan

We really should have a dedicated HF antenna go-to within your HF forum Mike mainly for the new guys who need and want to 'focus' on their new desires to get going in HF. It just doesn't make sense to get 2/3rds the needed info in here, then you have to go to the "antenna pit" in that other forum and hope the HF guys are paying attention for questions. Like k9rzz says, the antenna is the heart of the HF system.

corbintechboy

Premium Subscriber
We really should have a dedicated HF antenna go-to within your HF forum Mike mainly for the new guys who need and want to 'focus' on their new desires to get going in HF. It just doesn't make sense to get 2/3rds the needed info in here, then you have to go to the "antenna pit" in that other forum and hope the HF guys are paying attention for questions. Like k9rzz says, the antenna is the heart of the HF system.

I agree!

I have not had interest in scanning for awhile. So me (being a one person example) come to this forum and look at the HF section for new stuff, maybe KY on occasion as that is my home state.

So even if there was something crop up on the antenna forum where I might help, I would never see it because it is in a category that doesn't interest me.

Where exactly do I need to make noise?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Send your comments on a proposed HF and lower antenna forum to wayne_h (at) radioreference (dot) com.

I can only propose - you've got to make it happen. Mike

woebbers

your noise is off topic... ;]

anyway, I found an issue with my Pixel pro 1A loop....the power supply was of good quality but was/is starting to fail...so i went to RS and found a replacement...my noise floor has been cut down considerably...i can actually copy 160 meter....so im happier...what else can I worry about hmmmm let me see.......:)

Sal

Ok, I made my noise :D.

majoco

Stirrer
I don't need to wade through a load of stupid questions about 'I can't hear more than 10miles with my $10 rubber duckie' or 'the VSWR on my CB antenna mounted on my fibreglass camper is infinity - is this OK?".
Sensible comments/questions/answers on LW/MW/HF antennae only - and in the HF/MW/LW section please.

After all, there's a specific antanna section for the amateur guys, what about us SWL'ers:)

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
We now have a SW Antennas forum - so please put all such questions there.

As such, this thread is now closed. Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.