DISH IN LOFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

scudGB

HI ALL
to follow on the trend of indoor sat dishes for L band i need to cut a fibreglass dish down to get it through opening i will be attempting to refix cut off section once in loft have enclosed a quick pic not to any scale just want some opinions ,,not my dish just a pic of web my dishcut.jpg actual dish is 100 cm high by 90cm wide and opening ito loft 80 cm (actualy 82 but want wiggle room )

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Cut a slotted opening just thicker than the dish in one side of the loft opening. Repairing that with a hunk of drywall may be easier than getting the dish back together in a true parabolic form.
Or, can you turn the dish at an angle where the loft access may be wider? Maybe a nice picture of the loft access hatch or door would help get more ideas.
Have someone hold a yardstick or tape measure up to the loft hatch for an easy size comparison in the picture.

scudGB

would love to
but being in uk drywall not a big thing here,due to age of house the only walls made out of chunks of stone (not bricks or blocks) are basicaly wooden slats nailed to a timber frame then a mixture of plaster and often horse hair is stuck all over it becomes very fragile after 100 yrs
so the last thing i want to do is disturb it
once i get enough cardboard i will make some proper templates and practice different cut options
i am kicking myself as all summer dish was in yard but now we running into winter i have decided to do somthing with it when nights are dark !!!
i blame 2e0 as he got his dish in his loft no problem

Status
Not open for further replies.