Disk nearly full recording stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profireman

I'm getting an error message on SDS 200
"disk nearly full recording stopped"
the card is the original SD card from Uniden and it shows it has 7MB of free space.
It's always worked fine until now.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Swap out SD cards, Write to Scanner while it's in the computer. Turn off scanner, swap out cards and clear out all favorite lists and recordings (I bet it shows 1,000 files). Once it's done, Write to Scanner, swap out cards again and see if the problem is fixed.

Upgrade to 32gb card. I also have recording on, and it's very active. I usually swap out cards about every 10 days. If you encounter the message, press the E button and scanner will continue to operate minus the recording feature.

Ubbe

If you have permanent recording on it will eventually fill up the SD card. Copy all the folders in the user recording folder to your PC with a few days intervals and use Uniden Wav player and organizer that Diem here on RR have given to us. It is excellent with a lot of features not available when listening directly in the scanner.

I use 240sec replay recording that only saves the last 240 seconds. If I hear something interesting I turn on permanent recording and all the stored audio in the 240 sec buffer will then also be saved. After a while I exit the permanent record so that only the 240 sec buffer are active again.

/Ubbe

mc48

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone tried a larger card? I know Uniden says 32 max, but I bet that's because anything larger formats to EX/FAT not 32.
I use larger cards in other devices that said 32 max, simply by formatting to FAT32 using an online formatter.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Has anyone tried a larger card? I know Uniden says 32 max, but I bet that's because anything larger formats to EX/FAT not 32.
I use larger cards in other devices that said 32 max, simply by formatting to FAT32 using an online formatter.

If the scanner is at home and near your computer use ProScan to not only record but also log activity to your hard drive/SSD all you want, no problems.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
I already use the UnidenWavPlayer for replay and logging. I just was curious if anyone had tried, someday I'll take a card and try it myself just to see, I've done it in my dashcams and it works fine.

kruser

Premium Subscriber

I've tested a 128gb card formatted as FAT32 and it seemed to work okay.
That was in a 536HP.
I did not let it fill up much with audio files though but maybe some day I will.

There have been reports of Uniden's SD based models rebooting themselves after cards get a lot of audio recordings on the card. I don't recall ever seeing anything regarding figuring out the true cause of the reboots but it was suspected it was due to the audio files as the reboots stopped after the files were removed.
Possibly a limitation on the physical number of files on the card or perhaps the amount of memory space used by the files.
From what I recall, those seeing the reboots were using larger than normal cards but the cards were not near capacity when the reboots started.

I've never had the patience to test this so it would be interesting if anyone has filled a 32gb or much larger card with tons of audio recordings and seen if odd reboots of the scanner start occurring.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I've tested a 128gb card formatted as FAT32 and it seemed to work okay.
That was in a 536HP.
I did not let it fill up much with audio files though but maybe some day I will.

There have been reports of Uniden's SD based models rebooting themselves after cards get a lot of audio recordings on the card. I don't recall ever seeing anything regarding figuring out the true cause of the reboots but it was suspected it was due to the audio files as the reboots stopped after the files were removed.
Possibly a limitation on the physical number of files on the card or perhaps the amount of memory space used by the files.
From what I recall, those seeing the reboots were using larger than normal cards but the cards were not near capacity when the reboots started.

I've never had the patience to test this so it would be interesting if anyone has filled a 32gb or much larger card with tons of audio recordings and seen if odd reboots of the scanner start occurring.

I have filled my SD card with recordings. Prior to the latest firmware, it would reboot frequently and now you get a message about recordings being full and the scanner will stop receiving until you erase the recordings, or press the Enter button. Scanning will resume minus recordings. The maximum recordings is 1,000 files. Your scanner will show available disk space for programming, but it doesn't reflect how much more recording space you have available.

Rahmengo

I had the same problem. This is what I did.
Create a folder on your computer desktop and copy all folders of your SD card from your radio into the desktop folder (i.e. make a backup).
Then format the SD card using quick format, ensuring it's FAT32 format.
Copy the contents back from the desktop folder onto your newly formatted SD card.
Radio can now record again

I experienced this after recording my SD full and even though I offloaded all the recordings onto my PC and deleted them off the SD card, my radio would still not record. It seems if you record your SD card full there must be a bit that is set pn the SD card that I found could only be removed if you reformat the SD card.
Happy to hear of another solution. The above solution worked for me and is quick.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
Or just copy the AUDIO folder to the PC and delete the files in that folder in the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.