Dispatch of WFD on NCC Fire Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailhiker73

Premium Subscriber
It doesn't seem to happen often, but this morning I've heard two calls on NCC Fire Dispatch that were for WFD and St. Francis EMS units. I wonder if this is being cross patched with WFD Dispatch on the Wilmington Site :unsure:

jwhite591

The Comunication Guy
All fire and Ems is dispatched through the New Castle County Fire Board, What happend is they switched dispatching EMS within the city from the city Dispatcher to the County Dispatcher where the city ambulance can talk to the county Paramedics Etc. The county Dispatcher will use the Dispatch Channel in accordance protocol, This was done to free up the city fire channels and put EMS under the same dispatcher. I confirmed this by a city fire official the other day.

trailhiker73

Premium Subscriber
All fire and Ems is dispatched through the New Castle County Fire Board, What happend is they switched dispatching EMS within the city from the city Dispatcher to the County Dispatcher where the city ambulance can talk to the county Paramedics Etc. The county Dispatcher will use the Dispatch Channel in accordance protocol, This was done to free up the city fire channels and put EMS under the same dispatcher. I confirmed this by a city fire official the other day.

Thank you for the clarification! That makes a lot of sense from on operational purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.