Dispatch Tone Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrEastwood

Greetings,

I have a Plectron R519 on 33.78 that I'm going to have re-banded to UHF. The big thing is that I want it to alert to the repeater for 7,8,9,10. I've come across a table hosted on this site detailing the various tones used to alert Aetna, and I can't make heads or tails of it.

tonestable.png

I would assume the 707.3-746.8, 707.3-879 set of frequencies would alert the Minitor 4's still in service on the repeater, and therefore work with the rebanded Plectron.

However, I could be just as mistaken, and the only solution I can come up with by myself is generating the tones, borrowing someone's Minitor 4 and a portable radio, and playing the tones over the dispatch channel until the right one worked.

Unfortunately, not only is it unfeasible, it would greatly annoy a fair amount of people.

So, the question is, what's the frequency the Plectron needs to be set to in order to alert after being re-banded to Aetna's repeater channel?

CommJunkie

I'm not sure what you mean "Alert to the repeater". If you want the plectron to alert when Aetna gets a call, your Plectron should be changed to 453.300, and the fire tones would be 732.0-454.6 and the ambulance tones would be 732.0-307.8

707.3-746.8 appear to be Chief tones, which will only go off when the county needs to specifically alert the chief only.

DrEastwood

Yeah, reading "alert to the repeater" back makes no sense :S "Alert off of the repeater channel" is what I meant to say.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.