Dispatching Medevac 1 in Greeley

Status
Not open for further replies.

nocophotog

Premium Subscriber
I have a question that may take some "digging" but certainly, some expert out there should have an answer! How can I listen to the "pages" going out to the flight crew when launching Medevac 1 to a scene? Back a couple of years ago, I could pick up "everything" on the scanner but now, they're already in the air by the time the pilot chats with the dispatcher. Anyone?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
I have a question that may take some "digging" but certainly, some expert out there should have an answer! How can I listen to the "pages" going out to the flight crew when launching Medevac 1 to a scene? Back a couple of years ago, I could pick up "everything" on the scanner but now, they're already in the air by the time the pilot chats with the dispatcher. Anyone?

No bono; dispatched mainly by nexhells and alphanumeric pagers and let's not discuss the alphanumeric pager decoding software that is available.

Last I heard they were being dispatched by AMR in the Springs.

Jim<

Last edited:

nocophotog

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Jim! I knew you would come up with the right answer but not exactly the answer I wanted to hear. Oh well.

nathancarlson

same here. I looked at the wiki page Jim sent me when I asked him that, but it had nothing specific about NCMC dispatch freq. Its cool watching them take off, though! It would be nice to know where they are headed.

jfab

nocophotog-what freq are you hearing the pilot chatter on? I've never heard anything on any of the FFL, etc channels and rarely anything on fern...

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Sort of off the threads initial topic but Med-10 and 130.150 are the best for FFL traffic. FERN is only used for brief LZ details on some calls.

Remember these are different services operating in the state using different frequencies

Flight for Life L/G 1, 2, 3, 4

AirLife

Medevac

Careflight

Tristate Careflight

Memorial Star

Jim<

Last edited:

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
There isn't a dispatch frequency for NCMC, any interaction between a chopper and NCMC whether it be Medevac or AL goes down on there AMR dispatch frequency 463.5000. Anytime they take off they will radio to dispatch where they are headed and how long it will take them to the location. To add to that they will also give and estimated highest elevation en route, which I have yet to understand why they need to do that and its something that only Medevac does. I here quite a bit of chatter on the FFL frequency, because all their units use that, be it choppers, ground transports or airplanes.

Status
Not open for further replies.